Are you an Investment Manager with exposure to accelerator programmes & start ups?
If so we have an exciting opportunity for you within the Centrica Innovations team where you will be responsible for finding, supporting & preparing new enterprises to present to the Centrica Innovations Board for Investment.
- Location: Windsor/ London
- Work with Head of Start-Up Labs to build network of contacts in accelerator programmes and start-ups
- Supervise enterprises through incubator and accelerator programmes, internal or external.
- Advise and support potential investees on business plan creation, financial forecasting and social impact measurement.
- Participate in necessary due diligence activities to assess the commercial opportunity, the financial model, the calibre of the team, and evaluate key risks.
- Write investment papers and updates; present investment cases to the Innovations Board; and, deal effectively with robust challenges from committee members.
- Manage the on-going relationship with investees and ensure the completion of quarterly reporting and repayments.
- Actively promote Centrica Innovations both within Centrica and within the start-up sector.
- Key Success measures will include: performance of the seed investments they are responsible for, volume of seed investments made, number of pilots and other commercial relationships formed between the incubator cohort and Centrica.
- Candidate will also be responsible for the ongoing portfolio management of some existing investments made through the Ignite fund
- 'Entrepreneurial spirit', a self-starter who is open minded, experimental, keen to develop ideas and who is not afraid to fail.
- Ability to prioritise and manage multiple deadlines.
- Ability to influence, motivate and inspire the wider organisation at all levels.
- Excellent relationship management skills, able to tactfully engage and gain buy-in from the Businesses.
- Poise and presence, able to hold their own in meetings and with senior stakeholders and entrepreneurs.
- A strong understanding of business strategy and the ability to diligence business plans and financial models
- An understanding of the legal contracting process is desirable but not essential
- Experience understanding where/how technology or new business models can address key challenges in the business whilst having the ability to balance strategic imperative with financial returns.
- Experience in consultancy, advisory or similar activities which have led to strong commercial skills
- Experience of reviewing business plans and strategy at an organisation/company level
- Understanding of broad business processes (marketing, technology, finance, management etc.)
- Strong commercial acumen and financially literate
- Experience in a start-up, Private Equity, Venture Capital or M&A would be a benefit
- A keen interest in, and some experience of social enterprise or the “Third Sector” would be a benefit
Centrica plc, a FTSE 100 company, has operations in UK, North America and Europe. With 30+ million customer-product relationships, Centrica's vision is to become the leading integrated supplier of energy and related services for its chosen markets and maximise value to shareholders. Centrica's brand names include British Gas, Direct Energy (North America). At Centrica, our purpose is to help people today and secure energy for tomorrow.
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE by hitting the 'Apply' button. Please upload your cover letter and CV as one document.
Applications will ONLY be accepted via the ‘Apply’ button.
To request an update on this role, or if you have any problems uploading your CV please email firstname.lastname@example.org typing ‘Update required: Investment Manager R9938078’ in the subject title.
Agencies: Centrica operate a preferred supplier arrangement, however if you wish to be considered at the next review session please submit a brief overview of your capability to PSL@centrica.com.