Sr. Options Trader
Direct Energy generates electricity and produces natural gas, as well as selling commodities and servicing the energy needs of homes and businesses in 46 U.S. states plus the District of Columbia and 10 Canadian provinces. We also help our customers save on their energy bills through energy efficiency. Located in over 50 locations, our team of 6,000+ employees serve over 6 million residential and commercial customer relationships.
Direct Energy is a subsidiary of Centrica plc (LSE:CNA), one of the world's leading integrated energy companies with over 20 million customers and 34,000 employees worldwide. We are committed to being the most recommended energy and services provider and leading the transition to a low carbon society.
- Experienced options trader with at least 7-10 years of experience.
- Familiarity with hedging retail load and hedging generation.
- Team player to work with other traders, originators, and sales organization to value structured transactions.
- This role will help in the optimization of the Northeast Load Books by looking to purchase daily and monthly optionality products in power and weather when value presents itself.
- This person will work with our marketers and direct with counterparties to perform price discovery on volatility products that can enhance the optimization of the load books.
- The results of price discovery will be fed to the pricing teams to ensure pricing remains current with market pricing.
- This role will participate in the term markets in order to optimize the load books.
- This person will look to monetize opportunities in the term power and gas options market that will better position the load books through to cash.
- This activity will also allow the person to provide term monthly liquidity to internal customers as needed to help the company manage volatility exposures.
- This role will help with current and new power assets that are in the load books to help serve load.
- This person will be responsible for maintaining volatility curves that enable the valuation of the assets in the liquid parts of the curve.
- This person will be part of a team, and will be expected to help the team grow its knowledge base around options.
- This person will also work with internal customers (NAH and Sales) to help the design new products and pricing that includes volatility pricing and hedging.
- This will include being present at meetings and provide documentation as needed.
The IndividualDirect Energy and its subsidiaries are an Equal Opportunity Employer - EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability