HR Business Partner
DE Business is the largest commercial and industrial retailer in North America based on customer numbers. It provides natural gas and electricity sales to small, medium and large-size businesses, public institutions, and government.
The HR Partner will act as the primary HR interface for the business unit or function, working closely with the leadership team and will contribute broadly to the development, execution and governance of the respective business strategy.
- At least 7-10 years of progressive HR Business Partner experience.
- Typically educated to degree level or equivalent.
- A proven track record and compelling blend of operating at strategic level and converting comprehensive strategy to action gained within matrix and large scale business environments.
- Experience of working in and adapting to different HR functional operating models and ability to successfully deliver within a matrix organisation.
- A demonstrable track record of creating and translating vision, innovative strategies and business requirements into clear, actionable goals and delivering excellent results and outcome.
- Have a successful corporate track record of building and leading a team and commercially operating both strategically and operationally, executing plans effectively.
- Substantial experience of leading teams of professionals in complex organisations; for example, multi-business unit or multi-country organisations.
- Experience of inspiring, coaching and building teams within a corporate environment.
- Experience of setting a clear vision and motivating others to deliver exceptional results – strong collaborator.
- Proven experience in contributing to the development of the overall business strategy and vision, and influencing strategic decisions at board level which have business-wide implications.
- Experience and track record of creating innovative HR strategies together across a complex organisation. Experienced in working in a unionised environment.
- Solid commercial acumen evidenced through achievements, with the ability to make confident decisions in order to achieve results.
- Develop and execute the functional plan in support of the business unit/function’s commercial priorities. Work with the business unit/functional leadership team to agree HR functional demand in accordance with the corporate centre HR strategy and agree/manage SLAs with Shared Services to deliver.
- Provide strategic advice, coaching, feedback and challenge to the business unit/functional leadership team by identifying, influencing and resolving organisational issues and ensuring that the people and organisational agenda lies at the heart of the business planning and commercial strategies.
- Assess current and future capabilities required to deliver the business strategy, develop a learning plan with the shared services L&D team to support capability build and ensure delivery.
- Working with the leadership team, develop resourcing, talent and succession plans aligned to corporate centre HR strategy and broker with shared services to deliver against these plans. Play an active role in assessment and selection of SEG/L4.
- Working with the respective Managing Director/Functional Director and Talent Manager, ensure leadership team members have relevant experience and capability and that they are functioning as a high-performing team.
- Create and deliver an effective organisation strategy that builds on existing capabilities and drives efficiency. Accountable for ensuring that the organisational health of the business unit/function is optimal. Drive improvement of organisation design and support organisation changes.
- Support the performance management process set by the corporate centre, ensuring that key performance measurements are linked to strategy.
- Work with the reward team to align reward programmes to the group reward strategy and support managers in making good reward decisions for their teams.
- Use workforce and functional performance insight to drive relevant actions.
- Ensure that Group HR processes and policies are implemented. Provide insight regarding local market requirements where necessary and work with shared services to deliver, ensuring relevant legislative requirements are met.
- Oversee the industrial relations agenda to ensure it aligns with the group IR strategy leading to a positive working relationship with the Labor/Trade Unions.
- Contribute to the development, execution and governance of Centrica HR’s strategy and plans.
- Operate as a member of the business unit/functional leadership team to deliver the business/functional strategy.
The IndividualDirect Energy and its subsidiaries are an Equal Opportunity Employer - EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability