Do you enjoy the thrill of negotiating commercial contracts, running tenders and want to join a company who are dedicated to developing talent?
If so we have a fantastic opportunity for a Category Specialist to join our award-winning Procurement team based in Leicester.
- Location: Leicester
- Total package circa: £35k – £50k (depending on experience)
- Help manage all procurement activity across expenditure categories, including the creation and implementation of category strategies that will ensure delivery in line with business objectives, regulatory requirements and the landing of all value negotiated
- Support category assessments to generate innovative opportunities and robust strategic sourcing plans.
- Report changes and updates through proactive governance
- Source and procure a range of goods and services across one or more expenditure categories ensuring optimum value for money within defined service and quality criteria.
- Identify opportunities for, lead and evaluate competitive tenders and proposals for the supply of goods and services negotiating with suppliers on all commercial and contractual matters and applying judgement as to what constitutes an acceptable level of contractual risk and supply resilience.
- Provide support to the Category Manager in complex negotiations through data, market or other analysis.
- Draft, negotiate and obtain agreement to commercial contracts ensuring that operational and commercial risks to business are fully understood and minimised.
- Degree educated or equivalent and/or appropriate experience in work experience
- Membership of CIPS (or equivalent) preferred
- Clear understanding of Category Management principles.
- Experience of Direct or Manufacturing Procurement experience would be preferred
- Knowledge of end to end Category Management including market insight, business partnering, negotiation, on-going supplier management and governance.
- Understanding of general and contract law.
- Confidence and credibility with excellent communication and relationship management skills
- Pro-active, flexible, resilient, motivated and results oriented.
- Advanced skill using MS Office including Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Ability to meet deadlines/deliver on promises
Centrica plc, a FTSE 100 company, has operations in UK, North America and Europe. With 30+ million customer-product relationships, Centrica's vision is to become the leading integrated supplier of energy and related services for its chosen markets and maximise value to shareholders. Centrica's brand names include British Gas, Direct Energy (North America). At Centrica, our purpose is to help people today and secure energy for tomorrow.
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE by hitting the 'Apply' button. Please upload your cover letter and CV as one document.
Applications will ONLY be accepted via the ‘Apply’ button.
To request an update on this role, or if you have any problems uploading your CV please email firstname.lastname@example.org typing ‘Update required: Category Specialist R9937536’ in the subject title.
Agencies: Centrica operate a preferred supplier arrangement, however if you wish to be considered at the next review session please submit a brief overview of your capability to PSL@centrica.com.