Direct Energy is a leading energy and energy-related services provider with nearly five million residential and commercial customers in North America. Direct Energy provides customers with choice and support in managing their energy costs through a portfolio of innovative products and services. A subsidiary of Centrica plc (LSE: CNA), one of the world’s leading integrated energy companies, Direct Energy operates in 50 U.S. states plus the District of Columbia and 10 provinces in Canada. To learn more about Direct Energy, please visit www.directenergy.com.
The primary responsibility of this position will be to accurately price all assigned Power Market deals in a timely manner according to established priorities. Analyst will work closely with various groups in Power Operations to determine correct market pricing while developing proposals. The incumbent will also interact with IT and aid in the implementation of system and process improvements.
Bachelor's Degree in math, engineering, accounting or related field is required. MBA or other related post graduate education is a plus.
- Minimum 0-3 years’ work experience required
- Excellent computer skills, particularly Microsoft Excel, VBA and SQL.
- Ensure that all Power deals assigned by the are priced in a timely manner according to established Sales priorities.
- Manage the proposal set up process amongst the team to ensure accurate volumes (usage, capacity and transmission obligations) are uploaded into the pricing models for developing forward contract quantities.
- Work closely with various teams within Power Ops to reflect correct market based price curves in the pricing models.
- Provide recommendations for system and process improvements / enhancements; work with IT for implementation and testing of system and process enhancements, e.g. automation of manual processes.
- Maintain and update all the tariffs at the utility and or ISO / power pool level in the proposal management system.
- Coordinate and maintain effective communication with different departments such as Sales, IT, Legal, Billing, Energy Solutions etc. to ensure customer needs are met including but not limited to performing ad-hoc analysis and problem solving.
- Provide training and market insights to sales team on an as needed basis.
- Develop technical capabilities as required facilitate the enhancement of the pricing process.
- Facilitate pricing of large and/or complex pricing requests working directly with Sales Teams and to structure deals, including live pricing large deals with the Retail Portfolio Procurement team.
- Apply strong analytical skillset and commercial insight to understand the commercial impact of pricing decisions made on the desk. Ensure due diligence and good rationale in decisions-making that impact Business Unit risk and profitability.
The IndividualDirect Energy and its subsidiaries are an Equal Opportunity Employer - EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability