Location; Rathbone Place, London; (5 minutes walk from Tottenham Court Road tube station)
Salary; Competitive + benefits
Working in a small team of data engineers, evolving a green-field Data Platform based on open-source components, to service Connected Home’s core products.
The platform is Connected Homes’ end-to-end data solution from ingesting data from internet-of-things sensors, energy meters and other high volume sources; validating and storing data; aggregating information, providing a platform to run data-science algorithms; and delivering information back to products; third parties and other systems.
What will you be up to
- Writing production quality code including extensive test coverage.
- Designing data systems that will scale to large numbers of users.
- Interfacing with Data Scientists and porting machine learning algorithms to production systems.
- Peer review other engineer’s code to ensure quality.
- Deploy services to staging and production environments.
- Support production services including participation in the 24/7 out of hours support rota.
To be brilliant in this role you will have/be
- In depth knowledge of Scala/Java and related programming languages
- Sufficient Mathematical ability to understand Data Science algorithms and produce code to implement them at scale
- Experience with the following key technologies
- Familiarity with deployment & container technologies including GoCD, Jenkins, Docker etc
- Self starter able to take broad requirements, translate them to a target architecture & write high quality ,testable code
- Real time and distributed systems
Centrica plc, a FTSE 100 company, has operations in UK, North America and Europe. With 30+ million customer-product relationships, Centrica's vision is to become the leading integrated supplier of energy and related services for its chosen markets and maximise value to shareholders. Centrica's brand names include British Gas, Direct Energy (North America). At Centrica, our purpose is to help people today and secure energy for tomorrow.
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE by hitting the 'Apply' button. Please upload your cover letter and CV as one document.
Applications will ONLY be accepted via the ‘Apply’ button.
To request an update on this role, or if you have any problems uploading your CV please email firstname.lastname@example.org typing ‘Update required: Data Engineer R9931750’ in the subject title.
Agencies: Centrica operate a preferred supplier arrangement, however if you wish to be considered at the next review session please submit a brief overview of your capability to PSL@centrica.com.