Human Resources Business Partner
Direct Energy generates electricity and produces natural gas, as well as selling commodities and servicing the energy needs of homes and businesses in 46 U.S. states plus the District of Columbia and 10 Canadian provinces. We also help our customers save on their energy bills through energy efficiency. Located in over 50 locations, our team of 6,000+ employees serve over 6 million residential and commercial customer relationships.
Direct Energy is a subsidiary of Centrica plc (LSE:CNA), one of the world's leading integrated energy companies with over 20 million customers and 34,000 employees worldwide. We are committed to being the most recommended energy and services provider and leading the transition to a low carbon society.
Provides human resources support to the employees in the Direct Energy Field Operations. The incumbent will act as a liaison between internal departments, employees, and HR team members.
- Computer proficiency with a high aptitude to learn new software
- Intermediate- advanced skills in MS Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint)
- Workday experience (will consider strong candidate with other HRIS experience)
- General knowledge of FLSA, multi-state and payday laws (ie. calculating overtime, taxes, etc.)
- College degree in related field of study
- 5-7 yrs HR generalist experience including payroll and benefits knowledge
- Experience processing payroll and general understanding of multi-state payroll
- 3-5 yrs managing an HR team, preferably in a remote setting
- HR and Payroll experience within industries with large non-exempt populations
- Experience implementing HRIS or payroll software a plus
- Excellent presentation and public speaking skills a must
- Experience creating and facilitating training
- S/PHR certification a plus
- Manages field HR representatives
- Assists client group with HR and payroll processes.
- Serves as Workday expert, assisting client group with processing transactions in Workday
- Assists with HR projects and initiatives across Field Operations
- When appropriate, provides guidance on policies and general HR issues to managers and employees
- Supports and assists business leaders with mid-year and end of year performance management processes
- Work on various ad hoc projects and tasks as needed
The IndividualDirect Energy and its subsidiaries are an Equal Opportunity Employer - EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability