Manager Cash Application
Direct Energy generates electricity and produces natural gas, as well as selling commodities and servicing the energy needs of homes and businesses in 46 U.S. states plus the District of Columbia and 10 Canadian provinces. We also help our customers save on their energy bills through energy efficiency. Located in over 50 locations, our team of 6,000+ employees serve over 6 million residential and commercial customer relationships.
Direct Energy is a subsidiary of Centrica plc (LSE:CNA), one of the world's leading integrated energy companies with over 20 million customers and 34,000 employees worldwide. We are committed to being the most recommended energy and services provider and leading the transition to a low carbon society.
Key member of the North America Business (NAB) Operations team and has operational ownership for maintaining a rigorous and detailed accounting of over $7B in annual customer receipts through multiple banking relationships and accounts in a dynamic, complex, and evolving A/R management environment.
Provides vision, leadership and accountability for the day-to-day activities for the Cash Application team, including but not limited to, developing and offering various types of payment methods to customers and focusing on reducing days sales outstanding (DSO).
- Bachelor’s degree, focus on Finance or Accounting preferred
- Masters/MBA a plus with similar concentration and/or professional certifications
- In lieu of degree, 10+ years of relevant experience may be considered
- Five years previous experience in Financial Accounting or Accounts Receivable with experience in a supervisory role
- 3-4 years’ experience in a team leading capacity
- Ability to communicate findings, make recommendations, and facilitate change o Ability to coach and support a team to self-motivate in a fast-paced, detail-oriented environment o Proven effective business-to-business relationship management and negotiation skills
- High capacity to support and work within a team environment
- Resourcefulness and ability to work with limited supervision
- Flexibility and ability to manage multiple tasks and deadlines
- Advanced analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Comfortable working with individuals at all organizational levels
- Demonstrates expertise in utilizing the Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Good knowledge of North American gas and power markets and competitors would be considered an asset
- Manages and supervises staff to ensure customer payments are posted timely and accurately while scheduling workload, responsibilities, and duties for each team member
- Oversees the maintenance of detailed records of approximately 12,000 daily customer receipt transactions in multiple bank accounts
- Oversees reconciliation of unidentified payment issues in addition to resolving misapplied payment issues for customers with a sense of urgency
- Works cross-functionally with Finance to ensure daily and monthly reconciliation activities are completed accurately and mitigate issues where necessary
- Continuous communication with Treasury and banking vendors in order to ensure highest level of automation and timeliness in applying payments to customers' accounts
- Works with key stakeholders across the business to develop flexible and reliable payment methods for customers and leads implementation thereof
- Designs, plans and executes remittance policies and procedures
- Maintains adequate controls to ensure data and process integrity while escalating issues/concerns/recommendations in a timely manner
- Establishes, documents, implements and monitors Service Level Agreements (SLAs) with vendors and ensures vendor activities adhere to all DE policies o Engages the team to deliver continuous improvements directly impacting financial performance
The IndividualDirect Energy and its subsidiaries are an Equal Opportunity Employer - EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Additional Website Text