Manager Customer Solutions
Direct Energy generates electricity and produces natural gas, as well as selling commodities and servicing the energy needs of homes and businesses in 46 U.S. states plus the District of Columbia and 10 Canadian provinces. We also help our customers save on their energy bills through energy efficiency. Located in over 50 locations, our team of 6,000+ employees serve over 6 million residential and commercial customer relationships.
Direct Energy is a subsidiary of Centrica plc (LSE:CNA), one of the world's leading integrated energy companies with over 20 million customers and 34,000 employees worldwide. We are committed to being the most recommended energy and services provider and leading the transition to a low carbon society.
The Manager of Customer Solutions is a key member of the Customer Experience, Customer Operations team and is primarily responsible for managing a team that supports complex customer service requests and issues, along with supporting the resolution and communication of global customer matters. She/he will also be responsible for building a customer centric culture, along with building a strong internal network of stakeholders to support timely and accurate issue resolution.
- Bachelor’s degree strongly preferred
- 5 + years of relevant work experience
- Strong analytical abilities and problem solving skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills with an ability to work effectively with cross-functional teams
- Ability to provide thought leadership on complex customer impacting issues, sometimes with limited fact-base
- Ability to excel in a fast past, highly volatile environment; effectively managing multiple activities and meeting deadlines
- Resourcefulness to work with limited supervision while managing team members while making rational decisions impacting revenues, customer satisfaction and financial liabilities
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Good knowledge of North American gas and power markets and competitors would be considered an asset
- Work with internal and external parties to ensure system and technology needs are in place to support functional responsibility.
- Build consensus and implement case management solutions on a cross-functional basis to improve customer experience related to customer outreach for issue resolution, while focusing on optimizing resolution times.
- Ensure new customers are set up accurately with requisite key data elements related to metering/telecom installations and tax status implications.
- Manage the root cause analysis, approves temporary solutions and coordinates documentation and implementation of systematic/long term solutions.
- Actively manage team performance using key performance indicators and focuses on actions that deliver an outstanding customer experience as measured by but not limited to customer surveys.
- Provide frequent updates to all stakeholders to keep them abreast of functional performance and resulting customer experience.
- Maintain a team of self-motivated solution driven individuals while developing and embedding a proactive customer centric culture in daily operations.
- Work with marketing, legal and compliance to support customer communications, including customer list coordination.
- Proactively manages the customer cancellation process related to cancellation estimates and charges to ensure they are received timely and reflect the appropriate amount to be charged.
- Responsible for representing Customer Operations in CRM initiatives, working to implement best practices across the Direct Energy organization that will deliver an outstanding customer experience across all stages of the customer lifecycle.
- This role will also be responsible for managing and responding to formal customer complaints, within the guidelines of the various public utility commissions, etc.
- Responsibe for responding to escalated customer issues and complaints.
The IndividualDirect Energy and its subsidiaries are an Equal Opportunity Employer - EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Additional Website Text