Senior Solution Architect
Key Dimensions of the role:
- Leadership of solution design activities at an enterprise level, leveraging the capabilities of the architecture to drive value generation within the organisation
- Driving proactive proposals on the best use of technology to drive innovative solutions to key business issues.
- Accountability for the viability of proposed solutions and providing direction, advice and guidance on the approach to the solution throughout the project
- Leading discussion with key business stakeholders to ensure solution options provide the best fit against outcomes and budget
- Identification of commercial impacts of decisions involving design, and engagement of the appropriate stakeholder in order to reach a sound commercial outcome
- Performing a design authority role on projects ensuring that the detailed designs and solutions delivered align to the solution architecture, managing and resolving any design issues as they arise
- Working with external suppliers to ensure that the appropriate technology direction is set with respect to systems, data and technical infrastructure
- Must be experienced and accomplished at communicating at the highest levels of stakeholders
- Will demonstrate exceptional leadership in all activities undertaken in the execution of their duties
- Must have extensive proven experience in Solution Architecture within ERP and Finance functions, preferably with S/4 and Ariba
- Will have proven experience of designing solutions across multiple technologies and systems
- Must have the aptitude and ability to rapidly amass knowledge on topics that aren’t familiar to them
- Will be able to demonstrate progression of experience on the journey to becoming a Lead Senior Solution Architect
- Must be comfortable having robust discussions in the pursuit of delivering standard solutions
- Must be comfortable and effective in managing conflicts arising from differing expectations set by business requirements and IS strategy
- Will be comfortable in assurance of solutions at varying levels, including designs by 3rd parties and development colleagues
Centrica plc, a FTSE 100 company, has operations in UK, North America and Europe. With 30+ million customer-product relationships, Centrica's vision is to become the leading integrated supplier of energy and related services for its chosen markets and maximise value to shareholders. Centrica's brand names include British Gas, Direct Energy (North America). At Centrica, our purpose is to help people today and secure energy for tomorrow.
Applications will ONLY be accepted via the ‘Apply’ button.
To request an update on this role, or if you have any problems uploading your CV please email Careers@centrica.com
Agencies: Centrica operate a preferred supplier arrangement, however if you wish to be considered at the next review session please submit a brief overview of your capability to PSL@centrica.com