Test Assurance Manager
The Test Assurance Manager is primarily responsible for setting the testing strategy for any given change. They will work with the environment service assurance managers to evaluate supplier bids and provide recommendations for supplier selection to service management. Once testing has commenced, the Test Assurance Manager will ensure that the project test strategy is adhered to and also provide quality and delivery assurance on the test output.
- Must create and deliver a test strategy document to each project within at a time agreed with the Project Manager
- Develops and communicates testing strategies within projects to ensure key milestones and deliverables are understood by stakeholders
- Ensure that KPI’s and contractual obligations are understood and adhered to by internal as well as external partners
- Responsible to manage the financial investment in testing by assuring high level test plans and quotes, as a part of the bid evaluation process for 3rd party supplier selection on each project.
- Supplier evaluation is conducted within the agreed time period and in accordance with the evaluation framework including financial evaluation of the supplier quote which forms part of the work package
- Ensure that testing is conducted in accordance with the programme/project/departmental test strategy document
- Ensure that service deliverables are assured in a timely manner and that any deviation from quality or delivery is reported on via the agreed governance process
- Ensures that any incidents leaked into production are reported accurately by the supplier. They also ensure that these are fed back to the Testing Service Manager and Test Management Office.
- Responsible for determining and authoring the most appropriate testing strategy for projects within the constraints and operational requirements of the organisation
- Assure the test delivery of assigned projects
- Attending project level meetings and assures that the supplier is providing the required input and information to the project
- Sets up and maintains strong relationships with Environment Delivery Assurance Managers, Project Managers by effectively managing expectations and inspiring confidence in delivery
- Assures the Test service is focused on the appropriate level of quality, time and budget within any given project.
- From time to time may be required to manage testing for an internally delivered project or projects.
Knowledge & experience needed;
- Knowledge and practical testing experience in one or more of the following application areas: SAP/ Digital technologies including mobile/MI – BI, BW, Hadoop/Smart Metering/Salesforce
- Knowledge and experience of test automation & CI/CD is desirable
- Experienced in multiple areas of Test Management such as Test Strategies, Planning as well as Quality Assurance
- Document Writing Skills. Must be able to demonstrate that they can write a quality test strategy using Microsoft Word.
- Defect Management – must ensure accuracy/quality of data
- Experience of working with 3rd party suppliers
- ISEB / ISTQB qualified
Centrica plc, a FTSE 100 company, has operations in UK, North America and Europe. With 30+ million customer-product relationships, Centrica's vision is to become the leading integrated supplier of energy and related services for its chosen markets and maximise value to shareholders. Centrica's brand names include British Gas, Direct Energy (North America). At Centrica, our purpose is to help people today and secure energy for tomorrow.
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE by hitting the 'Apply' button. Please upload your cover letter and CV as one document.
Applications will ONLY be accepted via the ‘Apply’ button.
To request an update on this role, or if you have any problems uploading your CV please email firstname.lastname@example.org typing ‘Update required: Test Assurance Manager R9935206’ in the subject title.
Agencies: Centrica operate a preferred supplier arrangement, however if you wish to be considered at the next review session please submit a brief overview of your capability to PSL@centrica.com.