- Location: Staines (TW18), London
- Package: Depending on experience
What will you be doing?
- Working primarily as a front-end engineer on the pioneering trial, you will contribute to the technical implementation of features for the product. You will also need to be comfortable with back end development.
- Ensuring a high level of automated test coverage so we can iterate quickly and effectively
- Shaping the evolution of your product by looking at customer feedback, analytics, trends and opportunities along with the rest of the product team
- Reviewing code and technical designs from your peer developers
- Sharing development best practices and ideas
- Contributing to open source initiatives. We love open source!
- Attending various meet ups and conferences to keep you up to date with the latest trends.
What you will have
- Strong grounding in NodeJS.
- Experience with agile engineering practices including Continuous Integration, Test driven development and opportunistic refactoring
- Experience developing with RESTful APIs for web applications
- Experience in building cloud native applications
- Personal drive to stay updated with the latest web application technology trends and practices
- A passion to build and ship engaging, innovative web applications to market quickly
- Portfolios, demos of your work that will blow us away!
Centrica plc, a FTSE 100 company, has operations in UK, North America and Europe. With 30+ million customer-product relationships, Centrica's vision is to become the leading integrated supplier of energy and related services for its chosen markets and maximise value to shareholders. Centrica's brand names include British Gas, Direct Energy (North America). At Centrica, our purpose is to help people today and secure energy for tomorrow.
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE by hitting the 'Apply' button. Please upload your cover letter and CV as one document.
Applications will ONLY be accepted via the ‘Apply’ button.
Agencies: Centrica operate a preferred supplier arrangement, however if you wish to be considered at the next review session please submit a brief overview of your capability to PSL@centrica.com.