Manager Strategic Partner Origination
Direct Energy generates electricity and produces natural gas, as well as selling commodities and servicing the energy needs of homes and businesses in 46 U.S. states plus the District of Columbia and 10 Canadian provinces. We also help our customers save on their energy bills through energy efficiency. Located in over 50 locations, our team of 6,000+ employees serve over 6 million residential and commercial customer relationships.
Direct Energy is a subsidiary of Centrica plc (LSE:CNA), one of the world's leading integrated energy companies with over 20 million customers and 34,000 employees worldwide. We are committed to being the most recommended energy and services provider and leading the transition to a low carbon society.
The Manager of Strategic Partner Origination will be responsible for identifying, developing, and maintaining new strategic partnerships and new channels with a focus on profitably growing the portfolio and delivering a high quality customer/partner experience. The Manager will be responsible for developing sales programs and strategies, sales and marketing collateral, and negotiating contracts. They will work closely with the Innovation and Strategy teams in identifying potential relationship targets, evaluating profitability and creating sales programs designed to grow the business to $20M+ in the next 5 years.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 5-10 years’ experience in a business or corporate development role, with a demonstrated track record of new business development and achieving sales targets. Energy industry experience preferred
- Exceptional presentation skills and the ability to regularly interact with internal and external senior management
- Strong understanding of the wholesale and retail energy markets
- Ability to understand, create, and modify effective market and business strategies
- Skilled in business analysis and identifying market potential for significant business growth
- Established relationships with Fortune 100 corporations and other large strategic partners
- Excellent Sales and Negotiation Skills
- Ability to inspire, motivate and lead a high-performance team
- Excellent quantitative skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and an ability to work effectively with cross-functional teams
- Strong organizational abilities, attention to detail and deadline orientation
- Commitment to work with a sense of urgency
- The ability to work as a team player
- Be proactive and creative in solving problems
- Exhibit a positive attitude to inspire the people around you 50% travel required
- Develop strategy, tactics, sales plans and profit targets.
- Develop and implement new partnerships and channels. Potential channels/partners include corporate partners, affiliations, associations, municipalities, and chambers of commerce.
- Develop innovative new products and propositions in response to new opportunities highlighted by the above activities.
- Collaborate with Regional managers to enhance the partnership offerings through managed product and non-commodity offers
- Work with NADE team to bring their offerings to partnerships in order to grow the relationships and overall Centrica profitability
- Collaborate with the marketing teams and sales innovation to enhance and grow DEB’s digital offerings for strategic partners.
- Develop and enforce appropriate agreements between the strategic partners and DEB
- Contribute to the professional and personal development of team members
The IndividualDirect Energy and its subsidiaries are an Equal Opportunity Employer - EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Additional Website Text