Salary; Up to £40,000 (May be flexibility depending on experience) + bonus & excellent benefits
Location; Rathbone Place, London (5 minutes walk from Tottenham Court road tube Station)
You will increase natural search traffic via visibility and rank improvement initiatives such as identifying content opportunities that will drive top-of-the-funnel traffic to the website.
What will you be up to?
- Working collaboratively with our SEO agency, internal web team, and wider Digital Marketing team to ensure and efficient multi-channel approach.
- Supporting the UX and Optimisation work streams on page design and structure to advise on how these can be improved. Furthermore, advise how site content and user journeys can be optimised for better conversion and goal completion.
- Work closely with internal stakeholders across product, propositions and web to provide content optimisation and generate recommendations to ensure pages rank for commercial opportunity keywords.
- Working with our SEO agency to undertake regular audits of the site and provide recommendations for fixes and other remediation work.
- Keeping ahead of any changes to major search engines and be able to advise on strategic changes and mitigate negative effects.
- Create an environment for ‘SEO excellence’ across content, performance, social, onsite and PR.
- Undertaking continuous detailed analysis of campaign and BAU activity to continually optimise and improve performance.
- Working with our SEO agency to ensure robust reporting is in place to identify the impact activity is having across all levels of the funnel.
- Continually monitor our outreach and backlink profile and investigate our general SEO health onsite.
To be brilliant in this role you will have/be
- Well versed in campaign metrics with demonstrable ability to drive analysis and meaningful insight from available data
- A strong and confident communicator, with the ability to articulate business requests with agencies as well as manage a diverse network of internal and external stakeholders
- The ability to think strategically, analyse and interpret market and consumer information
- Strong 3rd party agency management including running nominated agencies as well as conducting performance reviews
- Experience in driving forward the integration of SEO across multiple functions
- Strong organisation skills to manage multiple projects in a highly dynamic environment
- Proven track record of embedding SEO across all levels of the funnel to deliver commercial performance
- Proven ability to deliver positive outcomes in a fast-paced environment with the ability to take responsibility and multi-task in order to meet deadlines; having the tenacity to get things done is essential
- An understanding of tracking and attribution of efforts – connecting investment to return across the site and multi-touchpoint customer journeys and behaviours
- Up to date knowledge of the latest developments and trends in SEO, onsite optimization and user experience
- Experience in developing strong, customer centric, insight driven creative campaigns
- Commercial awareness in how marketing campaigns drive overall business KPIs
- 3rd party agency management
We’re the team behind Hive Active Heating. Set up by British Gas in 2012, we were given a simple mission: to make the connected home a reality for everyone. We’re here to give you more control over their lives and homes and we’re passionate about providing technology products and services that let our customers control and connect with their homes wherever they are.
We launched our brand Hive, by British Gas in September 2013 along with our first product Hive Active Heating which lets you control your heating and hot water from your mobile, tablet or laptop. We’ve also launched MyEnergy, a product that provides customers with helpful insight into their energy consumption.
Now, less than 4 years later, we’re really proud of how far we’ve come. With over 500,000 customers Hive is UK’s No.1 connected thermostat, and with our range of products and innovations we continue to go from strength to strength.
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE by hitting the 'Apply' button. Please upload your cover letter and CV as one document.
Applications will ONLY be accepted via the ‘Apply’ button.
To request an update on this role, or if you have any problems uploading your CV please email firstname.lastname@example.org typing SEO Manager R9933335 in the subject title.
Agencies: Centrica operate a preferred supplier arrangement, however if you wish to be considered at the next review session please submit a brief overview of your capability to PSL@centrica.com.