Senior Business Analyst
DE Business is the largest commercial and industrial retailer in North America based on customer numbers. It provides natural gas and electricity sales to small, medium and large-size businesses, public institutions, and government.
Conduct requirements gathering, evaluate business requests, build user stories, write test cases and assist with overall solution design. Design, plan and facilitate system and user acceptance testing efforts. Track, triage and facilitate the resolution of system issues and defects. Act as local domain expert in Sales, Pricing and Forecasting systems. Act as both primary system SME and domain expert in related business areas. Make use of relational databases, such as MS SQL server or Oracle to assist with data research. Perform a variety of tasks, relying on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Provide work assignments or task prioritization to support and technical staff.
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in a technology or science related area of study
- 5+ Years’ Experience doing requirements analysis, technical documentation and team management
- Proficient in utilizing Visio, SQL and other MS Office tools required for data analysis.
- Very detailed oriented, self-motivated and solid troubleshooting skills
- Ability to thrive in a constantly changing, fast-paced environment with limited oversight
- Ability to process and summarize information from a variety of sources
- Ability to work on multiple documentation efforts concurrently
- An effective communicator with excellent written and verbal skills
- Ability to work as a team member with all members of the organization
- Ability to work with a minimal amount of guidance and direction
- Ability to work in a fast paced, changing environment
- Evaluate project and enhancement requests submitted by business sponsors with view towards maintaining end to end power platform integrity
- Meet with business, IT and vendors to help gather requirements, write detailed business process mappings, document functional requirements
- Work with architecture team on design and approval of solutions
- Act as IT domain expert both in business and system processes in all NAB retail markets
- Provide technical and business guidance to facilitate creation of test cases; facilitate QA and user acceptance testing activities
- Aid Delivery and Production support teams in the resolution of end to end system issues
- Act as system expert for a variety of retail energy systems, understanding and accessing their data models for support, reporting and requirements gathering purposes
- Delivery of all the required solution and lower level architectural artifacts; including conceptual designs, sequence diagrams, activity diagrams, and business capability mappings
- Self-directed and expected to prioritize and guide the work of others.
- Support assigned project(s) on an as needed basis
- Provide on-site presence for geographically distributed team
- Expected to work independent of supervision and to provide guidance and training to new and junior team members
The IndividualDirect Energy and its subsidiaries are an Equal Opportunity Employer - EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Additional Website Text