A Product Development Manager to support the delivery of P&L targets for UK-Home, including revenue, contribution and earnings.
- Deliver a product and proposition portfolio that delights, retains and grows our customer base through effective product management and the delivery of new propositions
- Manage the product portfolio to maximise value across the current and potential customer base, deliver against business plan targets ensuring propositions maximise retention, cross-sales and up-sales opportunities
- Lead the design, development and launch of engaging, innovative and commercially successful products and propositions across our chosen sectors. Lead cross functional teams to deliver effective launches to our chosen customers
- Support the P&L on behalf of UK Home, to deliver performance outcomes in line with agreed 3 year and 12 month plans – specifically, revenue, contribution, and earnings
- Support the development of strategy and performance targets
- Work to drive volume growth through existing sales channels and new routes to market. Continuously scan for new market opportunities which will emerge through technical, customer or industry changes
- Reduce churn and manage retention, create robust strategies and plans by collaborating with and delivering through colleagues. Leverage insight to understand customer and market, both in terms of BG products and wider customer needs
- Lead the definition, design and launch of new propositions (product, service, channel, experience, price, brand) to attract, grow and retain valuable UK residential customers
- Demonstrable experience of product management to drive customer and business value
- Proven experience of delivering customer pricing and proposition strategy into a services business
- A passion for understanding the customer and their needs, backed by strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Knowledge and experience in blue chip consumer marketing businesses, preferably operating within a regulatory environment
- Evidence of demonstrating strong external perspective to deliver new opportunities including exploitation of digital technology
- Ability to formulate and implement a strategy to deliver growth objectives (including acquisition and retention)
- Strong commercial focus and experience in managing budgets
- Understanding of all relevant legal obligations and regulations
Competitive salary and benefits.
British Gas, part of the Centrica Group, supplies gas and electricity to UK residential and business customers, provides central heating and gas appliance installation and maintenance and low-carbon and energy efficient products and services.
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE by hitting the 'Apply' button. Please upload your cover letter and CV as one document.
Applications will ONLY be accepted via the ‘Apply’ button.
To request an update on this role, or if you have any problems uploading your CV please email Simon.Mansfield@britishgas.co.uk typing ‘Update required: Product Manager R9933391’ in the subject title.
Agencies: Centrica operate a preferred supplier arrangement, however if you wish to be considered at the next review session please submit a brief overview of your capability to PSL@centrica.com.