Head of Digital Analytics and Optimisation
This is a newly created leadership role in the B2B digital team, responsible for driving a culture where data and customer insight is at the heart of all that we do in digital. Reporting to the Digital Director, you will be an integral part of the digital leadership team. With direct responsibility of a small team of experts, you will work closely with all members of the wider digital team and with stakeholders throughout the business to measure performance; understand customer behaviour and needs in order to identify opportunities to improve experience and ROI.
Being a digital analytics specialist, you will own digital analytics and insight strategy, using a variety of tools (e.g. Site Catalyst), testing and research methods to provide structured insight into new and existing customer experiences on our website and App, to identify improvements to end-to-end journeys and to measure performance against Digital KPIs. You will own key relationships across the business including those with MI, UX and B2B Customer Insight. This includes proactively investigating data anomalies or trends that deviate from plan (either positively or adversely) and utilising multiple data points to improve our understanding of customer experience
Job outline and challenges
We are looking for a dynamic and curious leader who is creative, enthusiastic and able to shape the future of our business through our Digital presence. The successful applicant will be skilled in presenting and analysing data to deliver relevant and actionable insights into customers’ behaviour.
The role holder will:
- Develop and own a data and optimisation strategy that puts data at the heart of all digital activities and ensures data is used responsibly and compliantly across the team
- Work with our Customer Insight, UX and MI teams to agree research strategies and ensure the output is actionable and efficiently used in digital activities
- Provide regular and ad hoc reporting and analysis on website and mobile performance to all levels of our business, in partnership with our Group MI team
- Articulate data and insights in a meaningful way; using storytelling and visualisation to enable stakeholders to draw meaning and identify actions
- Facilitate the automation of data and reports, ensuring they meet stakeholders’ needs, including defining onsite and SAP based MI requirements during the shaping of new digital projects
- Translate business requirements into analytical tagging and reporting structure, including customised dashboards and data visualisations to help articulate performance
- Proactively analyse user behaviour; conversion data; funnel analysis by device and customer type using Adobe Site Catalyst (Omniture), Decibel Insights and Infinity alongside other tools. Combine digital data with other business data e.g. Sales, Operations to develop greater insights and drive x-business decisions
- Ensure that campaigns and other drive-to-web activity are optimally tracked and reported on.
- Develop insights on areas of value creation and/or optimisation, and articulate scale of the opportunity to the leadership team
- Driving the continuous evaluation of multi-channel data to drive improvements to operational performance and marketing ROI
- Lead the relationship and resource prioritisation of internal and/or 3rd party suppliers including owning budgets and managing spend
The Person Specification
- Graduate calibre with significant experience in web analytics and optimisation
- Demonstrable experience leading and inspiring a high performing team
- Extensive knowledge of web analytics tools (Adobe Site Catalyst and Decibel Insights) with Adobe Certified Expert preferred
- A proven ability to translate data into actionable insight with a track record of leveraging data to inform commercial decision making
- First class communication and presentation skills, able to convey complex information in a simple and concise way (both written and verbal) to both Digital and non-Digital stakeholders up to director level, adapting style and content for the audience
- Experience building dashboards in Site Catalyst
- Demonstrable experience in multi variate and AB testing, experience of Maxymiser preferred.
- Strong working knowledge of Tag Management Systems
- The ability to write and construct SQL queries, using business intelligence tools such as Business Objects and SQL / Oracle relational databases and techniques for data processing, as well as experience of Big Data technologies and infrastructure such as Hadoop, Hive and Amazon Web is highly desirable
- Experience of managing a diverse senior stakeholder network (digital and non-digital) including suppliers
- Proficiency in use of Microsoft Office, advanced Excel a necessity
- Experience working in an Agile environment would be beneficial
British Gas, part of the Centrica Group, supplies gas and electricity to UK residential and business customers, provides central heating and gas appliance installation and maintenance and low-carbon and energy efficient products and services.
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE by hitting the 'Apply' button. Please upload your cover letter and CV as one document.
Applications will ONLY be accepted via the ‘Apply’ button.
To request an update on this role, or if you have any problems uploading your CV please email Andy.Malyon@centrica.com typing ‘Update required: Head of Digital Analytics and Optimisation R9934855’ in the subject title.
Agencies: Centrica operate a preferred supplier arrangement, however if you wish to be considered at the next review session please submit a brief overview of your capability to PSL@centrica.com