Data Management Analyst
Direct Energy generates electricity and produces natural gas, as well as selling commodities and servicing the energy needs of homes and businesses in 46 U.S. states plus the District of Columbia and 10 Canadian provinces. We also help our customers save on their energy bills through energy efficiency. Located in over 50 locations, our team of 6,000+ employees serve over 6 million residential and commercial customer relationships.
Direct Energy is a subsidiary of Centrica plc (LSE:CNA), one of the world's leading integrated energy companies with over 20 million customers and 34,000 employees worldwide. We are committed to being the most recommended energy and services provider and leading the transition to a low carbon society.
Direct Energy is seeking a Data Management Analyst to join the Direct Energy North America Business (NAB) Load Forecasting and Data Management team. The position reports to the Manager of Data Management, and has no direct reports. The Data Management Analyst will be part of an Iselin, NJ and Houston, TX, based team that reports into NAB Power Commercial Operations Team. The Team is responsible for 1) forecasting the power and gas load of Direct Energy’s industrial, commercial and residential customers across the U.S. and Canada; 2) reconciling commercial/industrial sales with the forward book gross margin reported in Direct Energy’s Risk System; and 3) various ad hoc analytical projects.
The primary responsibility of the Data Management Analyst will be the validation of electricity or natural gas load forecasts for the customer portfolio of Direct Energy’s retail business and the resulting gross margin impact. This position will regularly interact with the traders responsible for hedging Direct Energy’s retail load, and will gain broad exposure to many areas of the business by interacting with the Direct Energy NAB and North America Home (NAH) Commercial teams, Product Control, Finance and Gross Margin Reporting, and IT.
This job is a great opportunity to experience many facets of the retail and wholesale energy industry and we are seeking highly motivated talented individuals with excellent communication skills to meet these requirements.
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Experience in an analytical role, preferably in the energy sector
- Working knowledge of statistics and general forecasting methodologies
- Knowledge of retail electricity or gas markets is a plus
- Experience in retail load forecasting is a plus.
- Strong statistical, analytical, data management, and problem solving skills
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Data visualization experience
- Strong Microsoft Excel and Access (or other database) skills.
- Experience with Database Management Systems (Oracle, SQL Server) and manipulation of large data sets is a plus
- Strong interpersonal skills and collaboration skills
- Highly organized and self-motivated
- Ability to communicate issues clearly & succinctly
- Excellent analytical skills, able to quickly understand, isolate and resolve issues
- Excellent time management skills
- Knowledge of Operations and business lifecycle a plus
- Review and validate energy forecasts, which become the baseline for commodity hedging and scheduling
- Assure proper delivery, consistency, and accuracy of forecast deliverables
- Facilitate communication between stakeholders (Retail Line of Business, Portfolio Mgmt, Trading, Risk, Billing) to discuss changes and resolve issues
- Recommend and implement appropriate strategies and methodologies through research and detailed analysis of load/consumption, business requirements, risk, and opportunities
- Perform analysis on the input data streams and provide recommendations to optimize the process
- Traverse large and complex customer account, consumption, and forecast databases comfortably
- Validate market, customer, and contract inputs to the load forecasting system and assure quality and accuracy on the forecasting outputs
- Automate, streamline and enhance current processes
- Assist in the delivery of projects and activities in accordance with the strategy and goals of the team
The IndividualDirect Energy and its subsidiaries are an Equal Opportunity Employer - EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Additional Website Text