Data Analyst (Procurement)
Direct Energy is a leading energy and energy-related services provider with nearly five million residential and commercial customers in North America. Direct Energy provides customers with choice and support in managing their energy costs through a portfolio of innovative products and services. A subsidiary of Centrica plc (LSE: CNA), one of the world’s leading integrated energy companies, Direct Energy operates in 50 U.S. states plus the District of Columbia and 10 provinces in Canada. To learn more about Direct Energy, please visit www.directenergy.com.
The Spend and Taxonomy Analyst is an important role promoting procurement data standards within the Procurement and Supply Chain community. The role works closely within the Procurement teams but also requires frequent interaction with Technology Vendors and other Centrica employees.
The scope of the role is as follows
- Promotes minimum standards of spend data across the organisation and provides guidance of how these minimum standards could be achieved
- Support the design and implementation of new global Procurement spend taxonomy
- Support the implementation and ongoing management of Spend Analytics
- Engaging with category management teams to improve data quality
- Act as key point of contact for spend data
- Works closely with the vendor master team to provide support and backup as needed.
- Supports the Vendor Master Team with vendor onboarding and various data requests.
- Prefer experience of working within a large and complex Procurement environment where transformation has taken place across multi geographies but not required
- Prefer experience working with Source-to-Pay systems but not required
- Previous experience managing complex spend data
- Previous experience managing taxonomy structure
- Preferred Experience with SAP, Salesforce, INTACCT, Microsoft Dynamics, SharePoint, Successware21
- Previous Experience involved in process improvement projects
- Previous Experience with system implementations
- Able to build productive relationships with other organisations to share knowledge and good practice
- Pro-active, flexible, resilient, motivated and results oriented.
- Excellent influencing, communication and relationship management skills.
- Proven analytical skills including ability to gather, interpret complex data, summarise and communicate simply and effectively.
- Able to work independently organizing, facilitating, and delivering various projects
- Ability to work collaboratively across all areas of the Procurement community
- Strong communicator
- Team player with an ability to manage relationships
The IndividualDirect Energy and its subsidiaries are an Equal Opportunity Employer - EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability