Commercial Value Analyst
As one of the best known names in the UK energy market, British Gas Business (BGB) supplies gas, electricity and a wide range of energy management services to over 500,000 business customers in the UK, in both the public and private sectors.
- Location: Could be based in Leicester (Spinneyside office) or Windsor
- Purpose: Analyse scenarios to increase customer value, through modelling and preparation of business cases, central to driving business growth.
What will you be doing?
As a Commercial Value Analyst, you'll work closely with a range of stakeholders across Sales, Commercial and Finance to develop and produce realistic business cases and evaluations of ‘what-if’ scenarios to drive value in our business.
Your day to day duties will include:
- Support the Commercial Value Manager in producing recommendations to drive enhanced value in our portfolio through changes to propositions, customer journeys or campaigns
- Utilise and enhance existing Customer Lifetime Value (CLV) modelling and embed this within our commercial decision making
- Use a variety of analytical tools and skills to interrogate our data and demonstrate impacts on P&L and KPI's
- Maintain and develop a suite of existing modelling and analyses, including KPI reporting for senior stakeholders
- Be part of a high-performance culture and the centre of driving success for our business
To be great in this role.....
Ideally you'll be educated to degree level in numerate or analytical subjects and have a good understanding or experience of the energy industry. You need to be a good communicator who is able to clearly and precisely explain analysis and the “so what”.
In addition, you will need to have the following skills, competencies and experience:
- Highly numerate with strong analytical skills and commercial acumen with the ability to understand and articulate drivers of performance and underlying trends in data
- Experience of producing business cases and working together with stakeholders to create robust hypotheses, assumptions and recommendations
- Experience in building models and using these to help answer questions around performance and to forecast future scenarios
- Strong capability in MS Office, especially MS Excel is essential. Knowledge of SQL highly preferred, experience of other analytical packages (SAS, Alteryx, R) would also be favourable
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment and balance multiple priorities
- Comparable experience in financial or analytical (e.g. pricing, commercial performance) roles with evidence of building business cases and analysis
- Experience in deriving key insights from complex data and presenting these findings to senior stakeholders
British Gas, part of the Centrica Group, supplies gas and electricity to UK residential and business customers, provides central heating and gas appliance installation and maintenance and low-carbon and energy efficient products and services.
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE by hitting the 'Apply' button.
Please upload your cover letter and CV as one document.
Applications will ONLY be accepted via the ‘Apply’ button.
To request an update on this role, or if you have any problems uploading your CV please email firstname.lastname@example.org typing ‘Update required: Commercial Value Analyst R9935044’ in the subject title.
Agencies: Centrica operate a preferred supplier arrangement, however if you wish to be considered at the next review session please submit a brief overview of your capability to PSL@centrica.com.