The Global HSES Manager will lead on the implementation of strategic HS&E initiatives across Connected Homes.
Connected homes is an innovative, fast paced, technology led business and we require someone who is able to work in this challenging environment and build strong relationships to make sure that HSES is at the forefront of everything that Connected Home do.
Location: London, with some UK and international travel
Salary: Competitive with £5,100 car allowance, bonus and benefits
- Represent the business on external bodies, committees and forums with the aim of influencing the regulation, standards and codes of practice development to support the business.
- Ensure the business is compliant with the current editions of HSE regulations, standards and codes of.
- Oversee the internal verification to ensure full compliance with the Heath, Safety and Environment Integrated Management System and Safety Assurance Process.
- Oversee the investigation of accidents, incidents involving Connected Homes employees, contractors, customers and third parties. Lead investigations where appropriate, and contribute to the development of corrective action and recovery operations.
- Be a HS&E expert and champion and will work in collaboration with management teams to understand key business issues and strategies to determine appropriate interventions and solutions to support the successful delivery of business results.
You must have:
- Experience in rapid growth business, ideally technology based environment
- Experience in advising best practice in relation to technical compliance, health, safety and environment risks
- Track record of delivering continuous improvements in technical safety culture and HSE performance
- Experience in elements of security such as physical and personal safety will be advantageous
- Have a proven ability to solve problems and design solutions
- Demonstrate strong organisation skills and be self-motivating
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills with a proven attention to technical detail, including the ability to produce technical reports for internal and external view.
- Demonstrate an ability to handle and prioritise multiple projects and tasks and the ability to work under pressure and to challenging deadlines
- Have the ability to implement change in a challenging environment
- Ideally hold a NEBOSH qualification in Managing Safety.
Centrica plc, a FTSE 100 company, has operations in UK, North America and Europe. With 30+ million customer-product relationships, Centrica's vision is to become the leading integrated supplier of energy and related services for its chosen markets and maximise value to shareholders. Centrica's brand names include British Gas, Direct Energy (North America). At Centrica, our purpose is to help people today and secure energy for tomorrow.
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE by hitting the 'Apply' button. Please upload your cover letter and CV as one document.
Applications will ONLY be accepted via the ‘Apply’ button.
To request an update on this role, or if you have any problems uploading your CV please email Becki.Brunetti@britishgas.co.uk typing ‘Update required: HSES Manager R9935025’ in the subject title.
Agencies: Centrica operate a preferred supplier arrangement, however if you wish to be considered at the next review session please submit a brief overview of your capability to PSL@centrica.com.