INTERN - NORTH AMERICA BUSINESS 2018
Direct Energy is a leading energy and energy-related services provider with nearly five million residential and commercial customers in North America. Direct Energy provides customers with choice and support in managing their energy costs through a portfolio of innovative products and services. A subsidiary of Centrica plc (LSE: CNA), one of the world’s leading integrated energy companies, Direct Energy operates in 50 U.S. states plus the District of Columbia and 10 provinces in Canada. To learn more about Direct Energy, please visit www.directenergy.com.
Summer Internship for College Juniors / Seniors
Direct Energy take great pride in the development opportunities and offerings included in our internship program. Our 10-week Summer Internship is designed to increase future employment for prospects at the same time asproviding a valuable resource to the business. During the internship, candidates will work on real projectshave real responsibilities with the North America Business division. This will be an opportunity for candidates to benefits from a wide support network of colleagues, a manager and the Campus Recruitment team. Direct Energy aims to help candidates build strengths, gain skills that can be transferred to any workplace and stand out from the crowd. This summer internship will appeal to proactive and self-motivated
, college juniors/seniors with a genuine desire to learn about the energy business and industry.
Summer interns will be involved with various types of projects based on the requirements from the business at the time. These projects span topics from improving understanding of market behaviors and economics to assessing the commercial implications of energy deregulation. With opportunities to assess major risk, analyze customer behaviors and conduct competitor reviews, the DE Summer Internship is an opportunity to influence the heart of our business.
- Degree discipline: Business / Operations / Supply Chain / Business Logistics / Engineering / Mathematics / Core Sciences
- Must have completed second year of college.
- Direct Energy is not currently hiring individuals for this position who now or in the future require sponsorship for employment visa status; however, as part of a global company - Centrica offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S. which can be found through our employment website at www.centrica.com/careers.
- Direct Energy and its subsidiaries are an Equal Opportunity Employer - EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
- Must have a 3.0 or higher GPA.
- Must be eligible to work in the United States without sponsorship.
Direct Energy is looking for self-driven, high-caliber individuals who can grasp complex commercial issues andharness information to deliver solutions. In return, Direct Energy willprovide the support, guidance and opportunities to help our ideal candidate be successful. As the emerging talent and a valuable future asset, Direct Energy seeks to candidates make significant impact, inspire people and provideexceptional customer service. Direct Energy Interns need to be able to demonstrate the following behaviors:
- Being one team - Build and maintain effective working relationships
- Creating a positive environment - Have a positive impact through self-awareness and social skills
- Putting our customers first - Deliver excellent customer service
- Seizing responsibility - Take initiative and set high standards for self
- Seeing beyond our own goals - Look at the bigger picture and recognize the impact of your actions
- Learning agility - Learn from experience to perform in new or changing situations
- Drive - Focus energy on what will make a difference and deliver exceptionally
- Manages relationships - Communicate/collaborate effectively to get the best from people
The IndividualDirect Energy and its subsidiaries are an Equal Opportunity Employer - EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability