MARKETING & DIGITAL MEDIA SUMMER INTERN 2018
Direct Energy is a leading energy and energy-related services provider with nearly five million residential and commercial customers in North America. Direct Energy provides customers with choice and support in managing their energy costs through a portfolio of innovative products and services. A subsidiary of Centrica plc (LSE: CNA), one of the world’s leading integrated energy companies, Direct Energy operates in 50 U.S. states plus the District of Columbia and 10 provinces in Canada. To learn more about Direct Energy, please visit www.directenergy.com.
Summer Internship for College Juniors / Seniors
We take great pride in the development and offerings included in our internship program. Our 10-week Summer Internship is designed to increase your future employment prospects and provide a valuable resource to the business. During your internship you'll work on real projects in our Marketing & Digital Media groups with real responsibility, while benefiting from a wide support network of colleagues, a manager and the Campus Recruitment team. Our aim is to help you build your strengths, gain skills that can be transferred to any workplace and stand out from the crowd. Our summer internship will appeal to self-motivated, college junior/ senior with a proactive, can-do attitude and a genuine desire to learn about our business and the energy industry.
This internship will provide exposure to various aspects of digital media and marketing that may include, but are not limited to:
Social media, search engine marketing, organic search engine optimization and web analytics. Learning objectives are achieved through training, observation, + “learning-by-doing” under close supervision with constructive feedback.
DUTIES + RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work with team members to develop + understand digital marketing strategies that will meet client objectives
- Develop + write marketing content executions to be deployed across partner social media channels
- Learn SEO best practices and write meta content to support client SEO initiatives
- Analyze reports to create insights that will help drive digital marketing content strategies
- Create and implement tracking code designed to measure social content executions
- Work with SEO tools and platforms to create keyword maps for client websites
- Work on various other Marketing related initiatives
- Degree discipline: Marketing / Digital Media / Business
- Must have completed second year of college.
- Direct Energy is not currently hiring individuals for this position who now or in the future require sponsorship for employment visa status; however, as part of a global company - Centrica offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S. which can be found through our employment website at www.centrica.com/careers.
- Direct Energy and its subsidiaries are an Equal Opportunity Employer - EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
- Must have a 3.0 or higher GPA.
- Must be eligible to work in the United States without sponsorship.
We are looking for self-driven, high-caliber individuals who can grasp complex commercial issues and deliver solutions. In return, we'll provide the support, guidance and opportunities to help you become whatever you want to be. As our emerging talent, we need you to be able to help to improve our business, inspire our people and deliver exceptional customer service and therefore you need to be able to demonstrate the following behaviors:
- Being one team - Build and maintain effective working relationships
- Creating a positive environment - Have a positive impact through self-awareness and social skills
- Putting our customers first - Deliver excellent customer service
- Seizing responsibility - Take initiative and set high standards for self
- Seeing beyond our own goals - Look at the bigger picture and recognize the impact of your actions
- Learning agility - Learn from experience to perform in new or changing situations
- Drive - Focus energy on what will make a difference and deliver exceptionally
- Manages relationships - Communicate/collaborate effectively to get the best from people
ADDITIONAL SKILLS + ABILITIES:
- Must be extremely detail oriented with strong attention to follow-through
- Strong writing skills
- Communicate effectively in both written + verbal form
- Flexible in work functions + duties
- Ability to manage multiple tasks + meet deadlines
- Proficient in managing large amounts of data + ability to interpret + extract meaningful insight from data
- Exceptional time management skills
- Strong teamwork skills
- PC proficiency + strong skills in MS Office Suite (Outlook, Word, PPT, Excel) essential
- Must be able to focus for long periods of time at a computer screen given the nature of the digital business
- DISCLAIMER: The above job description is not an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities of the position and in no way is to be construed as a contract. As with all positions, employment is “at will” or voluntary on both the part of the organization and the team member. Employment is not for a set period of time and may be discontinued by either party for any reason with or without notice.
The IndividualDirect Energy and its subsidiaries are an Equal Opportunity Employer - EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability