CUSTOMER OPERATIONS SUMMER INTERN 2018
Direct Energy is a leading energy and energy-related services provider with nearly five million residential and commercial customers in North America. Direct Energy provides customers with choice and support in managing their energy costs through a portfolio of innovative products and services. A subsidiary of Centrica plc (LSE: CNA), one of the world’s leading integrated energy companies, Direct Energy operates in 50 U.S. states plus the District of Columbia and 10 provinces in Canada. To learn more about Direct Energy, please visit www.directenergy.com.
Summer Internship for College Juniors / Seniors
We take great pride in the development and offerings included in our internship program. Our 10-week Summer Internship is designed to increase your future employment prospects and provide a valuable resource to the business. During your internship you'll work on real projects in our Customer Operations group with real responsibility, while benefiting from a wide support network of colleagues, a manager and the Campus Recruitment team. Our aim is to help you build your strengths, gain skills that can be transferred to any workplace and stand out from the crowd. Our summer internship will appeal to self-motivated, college junior/ senior with a proactive, can-do attitude and a genuine desire to learn about our business and the energy industry.
Customer Operations is responsible for billing of the utility revenues, all controls related to billing, ensuring compliance with state regulations and the management of the systems, processes and activities that have a significant impact on the business and coordinating billing activities across the departments within Direct Energy. Our summer interns will be involved with various types of projects based on the requirements from our business at the time. These projects include tackling everything from improving our understanding of market behaviors and economics to assessing the commercial implications of energy deregulation. Add in the opportunity to assess major risk, analyze customer behaviors and conduct competitor reviews, and you’ll see that the DE Summer Internship is an opportunity to influence the heart of our business.
- Degree discipline: Business / Operations / Supply Chain / Business Logistics / Finance / Mathematics / Accounting
- Must have completed second year of college.
- Direct Energy is not currently hiring individuals for this position who now or in the future require sponsorship for employment visa status; however, as part of a global company - Centrica offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S. which can be found through our employment website at www.centrica.com/careers.
- Direct Energy and its subsidiaries are an Equal Opportunity Employer - EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
- Must have a 3.0 or higher GPA.
- Must be eligible to work in the United States without sponsorship.
We are looking for self-driven, high-caliber individuals who can grasp complex commercial issues and deliver solutions. In return, we'll provide the support, guidance and opportunities to help you become whatever you want to be. As our emerging talent, we need you to be able to help to improve our business, inspire our people and deliver exceptional customer service and therefore you need to be able to demonstrate the following behaviors:
- Being one team - Build and maintain effective working relationships
- Creating a positive environment - Have a positive impact through self-awareness and social skills
- Putting our customers first - Deliver excellent customer service
- Seizing responsibility - Take initiative and set high standards for self
- Seeing beyond our own goals - Look at the bigger picture and recognize the impact of your actions
- Learning agility - Learn from experience to perform in new or changing situations
- Drive - Focus energy on what will make a difference and deliver exceptionally
- Manages relationships - Communicate/collaborate effectively to get the best from people
The IndividualDirect Energy and its subsidiaries are an Equal Opportunity Employer - EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability