Quality Assurance Manager
We have an exciting opportunity for a Quality Assurance Manager to join our innovative Technology & Engineering business unit.
In this role you will support the Group Head of Quality Assurance (QA) to ensure all our products, services and software are of established quality and meet reliability standards.
Working closely with Centrica, third party businesses, and our consumer customers you will provide clear visibility of quality assurance, drive the QA strategy and bring standardisation for end to end risk mitigation.
- Develop and drive quality requirements for Centrica procured/owned technologies
- Defining and establishing reporting processes and KPIs, detecting QA gaps and implementing gap closure strategies with the QA managers in the business units
- Assess and plan to assess proposed new technology suppliers to Centrica businesses
- Identify, prioritise, assess and manage existing technologies supplied/procured to/by Centrica
- Work with business stakeholders and suppliers to manage and close out any actions arising from technology capability assesments
- Assure the quality of audit planning, testing and reporting in line with the Standards set within the function, seeking out opportunities for improvement
- Initiate and lead projects to improve processes and systems focusing on end to end QA Management and controls
- Planning, status and progress updates on all strategic activities and issues
- Application of experience, initiative and judgement to coach and guide individuals, teams and suppliers for best practice and performance
- Degree qualified/ postgraduate qualification in a relevant subject
- Significant experience with relevant technology industries preferred
- Professional certificates or solid experience in Six Sigma Black Belt, MBA, CIPS etc..
- Excellent leadership and strategic development skills. Creates openness and a collaborative environment.
- Strong influencing and communication skills to command professional respect at the highest levels.
- Clear understanding and adherence to ethical principles, company values, Business Principles and policies.
- Analytical with attention to detail but ability to identify practical solutions
- Good understanding of engineering, manufacturing and installation risks and associated controls
- Effective at communicating with senior stakeholders and in making pragmatic recommendations
- Robust and independent mindset with confidence to challenge the status quo
- Proven ability to define route causes, come up with and implement corrective action plans, including product recalls
- Effective team leader, able to motivate, coach and develop individuals
- Strong written skills to concisely communicate outcomes and recommendations
Centrica plc, a FTSE 100 company, has operations in UK, North America and Europe. With 30+ million customer-product relationships, Centrica's vision is to become the leading integrated supplier of energy and related services for its chosen markets and maximise value to shareholders. Centrica's brand names include British Gas, Direct Energy (North America). At Centrica, our purpose is to help people today and secure energy for tomorrow.
Applications will ONLY be accepted via the ‘Apply’ button.
To request an update on this role, or if you have any problems uploading your CV please email email@example.com typing ‘Update required: Quality Assurance Manager R9935350’ in the subject title.
Agencies: Centrica operate a preferred supplier arrangement, however if you wish to be considered at the next review session please submit a brief overview of your capability to PSL@centrica.com.