The Portfolio Manager is accountable for governing projects and programmes within the Learning and Development portfolio across Centrica.
In this role you will develop and implement the approach to governing projects and programmes within the Learning and Development (L&D) portfolio, providing oversight and reports on the whole portfolio of L&D projects into both steering group and broader governance forums, throughout the whole project lifecycle from initial demand through to closure.
Managing Learning and Development’s approach to continually improving the effectiveness and efficiency of its processes and ways of working is key to this role as is ensuring insight on our learner and operational performance is used to make better decisions on the sequencing and deployment of learning programmes to meet the desired outcomes in terms of cost, time and quality.
You will support PM’s in following the stage gate method, including:
- Informing them when they are due to pass through quality gates
- Clarifying the requirements of each gate
- Ensuring status reports are submitted in a timely and complete manner
- Ensuring projects are on the agenda for steering group meetings when required (e.g. when a project needs approval to pass through a stage gate)
- Working with a PM to prepare for steering group meetings
- Running introduction/refresher sessions on the stage gate method for new starters or existing specialists who require support
- Periodically reviewing the templates and improving them as required
You will also support steering groups in their role, including:
- Scheduling meetings, introducing a regular schedule
- Preparing the agenda for each meeting, including a designation of which agenda items are either for (a) information, (b) decision making
- Ensuring the correct level of information is provided by PMs to allow members of Steering group to take decisions (e.g. that the requirements to pass through a quality gate have been demonstrably met)
You will come into this role with a bachelor's degree, or equivalent, related to Organisational Development, Business Management or similar and have experience of Project/Financial Management. You will have a demonstrable track record of translating business requirements into clear, actionable goals and experience in a similar role.
Centrica plc, a FTSE 100 company, has operations in UK, North America and Europe. With 30+ million customer-product relationships, Centrica's vision is to become the leading integrated supplier of energy and related services for its chosen markets and maximise value to shareholders. Centrica's brand names include British Gas, Direct Energy (North America). At Centrica, our purpose is to help people today and secure energy for tomorrow.
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE by hitting the 'Apply' button. Please upload your cover letter and CV as one document.
Applications will ONLY be accepted via the ‘Apply’ button.
To request an update on this role, or if you have any problems uploading your CV please email email@example.com typing ‘Update required: Portfolio Manager R9934604’ in the subject title. Agencies: Centrica operate a preferred supplier arrangement, however if you wish to be considered at the next review session please submit a brief overview of your capability to PSL@centrica.com.