Head of Procurement O&M (E&P) Capital and Engineering
We have an exciting leadership position for a Procurement & Supply Chain specialist to lead the Operations and Maintenance categories within the Exploration and Production (E&P) business unit.
As Head of Procurement – Operations and Maintenance you will be responsible for the development and delivery of long-term agreements, providing commercial creativity, innovation and advice to internal stakeholders on the management of high-value, high risk goods & services.
- Location: Aberdeen
- Salary: Competitive
- Leading Operations and Maintenance categories on a local and/or global basis and maximising the economies of scale whilst managing stakeholder objectives
- Creating a strategic focus for end-to-end category management across Operations and Maintenance
- Creating, developing and leading a highly talented team who are seen as the external market experts for Operations and Maintenance
- Ensuring the delivery of all value identified in the contract across its lifecycle, focussing the team on areas of further value-add
- Proactive governance to improve the supplier contract compliance and performance metrics
- Delivering multi-hundred million pound commercial agreements in lifetime value and ensuring they are managed to deliver full value through their delivery
- Supporting the business by minimising supply risks that impact production operations
- Enable the team to be external market experts for Operations and Maintenance categories and support the businesses/functions to deliver against their strategic priorities
- Supporting the Head of Procurement for Exploration and Production and team peers in driving value delivery safely for the organisation, developing and sustaining a leading E&P procurement function and engendering an appropriate culture in line with company values – and with a context of continuous improvement
- Degree/HND Business Studies or equivalent in an appropriate subject.
- Able to establish and maintain effective relationships with business stakeholders and key suppliers
- Ability to respond to and support a changing business environment
- Significant experience of performing end-to-end Category Management activities for large and complex companies with a strong emphasis on operations and maintenance related categories.
- Proven ability to think laterally, globally, and creatively to drive additional value for the business.
- Strong ability to influence at all levels of the organization. Evidence of building trust across large organizations.
- Progressive experience in leading Category Management initiatives inclusive of supplier management with an annual spend greater than £200m, whilst delivering significant £value
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strong negotiation skills and a proven record of concluding complex contractual agreements, claims and disputes, and significant cost reduction in category spend
- Strong internal customer influence and change management skills essential
- Demonstrated leadership qualities (i.e. enthusiasm, decisiveness, strategic thinking, change agent)
- Track record of delivering long term value within a fast paced Procurement environment
Centrica plc, a FTSE 100 company, has operations in UK, North America and Europe. With 30+ million customer-product relationships, Centrica's vision is to become the leading integrated supplier of energy and related services for its chosen markets and maximise value to shareholders. Centrica's brand names include British Gas, Direct Energy (North America). At Centrica, our purpose is to help people today and secure energy for tomorrow.
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE by hitting the 'Apply' button. Please upload your cover letter and CV as one document.
Applications will ONLY be accepted via the ‘Apply’ button.
To request an update on this role, or if you have any problems uploading your CV please email firstname.lastname@example.org typing ‘Update required: Head of Procurement O&M (E&P) Capital and Engineering R9934510’ in the subject title.
Agencies: Centrica operate a preferred supplier arrangement, however if you wish to be considered at the next review session please submit a brief overview of your capability to PSL@centrica.com.