Centrica has an exciting opportunity for an SAP Developer. You will be responsible for supporting the Lead Developer/Team Lead in undertaking development activities required to deliver IS solutions that meet the Business needs:
- Developing quality and performing software that works
- Completing development work within time, budget and standards
- The role is a key part of the Digital Enterprises Systems SAP Application Development and support working predominantly in the SAP technical area and will be responsible for the end to end delivery of projects into production
Salary: £45,000 to £55,000 dependant on experience
Location: Staines Orbis House
Role Closing date: 10th October 2017
- Supports the assessment of system requirements, identifying and addressing any potential issues prior to implementation
- Undertakes development work ensuring design principles are adhered to and components are refactored wherever possible
- Completes development deliverables in a timely manner and to the appropriate level of quality so that the delivered solutions are fit-for purpose, can be efficiently supported and the impact of future change requests can be assessed
- Ensures peer reviews and unit tests are prepared and conducted across the entire team
- Produces a component test report detailing unit test results, unit test code coverage, peer review outcome, adherence to coding standards and any exceptions
- Advises on the creation and execution of test scripts in other testing phases, as required
- Responsible for provision of effort estimates required to develop software
- Creates and updates application documentation
- Follows all change control procedures and puts in place full version control and configuration management to ensure that the production service is not compromised
- Follows the procedures for reporting on the progress of systems development projects, taking action to deal with exceptions, problems and unforeseen events in a timely manner, escalating as appropriate
- Ensures compliance with statutory and company procedures, development standards, operations procedures including security policies
- Contributes to retrospectives to incorporate learnings into future work
- Maintains an understanding of relevant industry trends and current knowledge of the technology deployed in the business area
- Significant hands on experience in SAP ABAP Development and Programming working on multiple full cycle SAP Implementation
- SAP CRM, IS-U (including core IS-U/CRM processes and Business Master Data) and SAP ABAP development with deep knowledge of ABAP Objects, ABAP Reports, interface/dialog programming, ABAP online transactions, BAPIs, user exits, batch programming, IDOC, and ALE development and maintenance, ABAP Dictionary, tables, global classes, function modules and other development objects is essential
- Experience with SAP ECC core modules as well as SAP SD, SAPscript and LSMW is essential.
- Demonstrable experience in analysis & design with the ability to recommend design alternatives, create application design documentation, resolve highly complex problems and tasks and creating unit test scripts.
- Strong awareness of SAP core modules including but not limited to IS-U, CRM, FI, HR, PM/CS, MM, SD, EWM and MAU.
- Working with offshore delivery teams. Delivering quality code, utilising standard SAP.
- Strong technical experience within the SAP environment to design, develop and implement technical solutions to support WRICEF development in large scale, phased deployment implementations
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills across a range of stakeholders with proven experience in working in a team environment with fixed delivery dates and strict scope control
- Strong technical skills to enable writing an application design from solution design
Centrica plc, a FTSE 100 company, has operations in UK, North America and Europe. With 30+ million customer-product relationships, Centrica's vision is to become the leading integrated supplier of energy and related services for its chosen markets and maximise value to shareholders. Centrica's brand names include British Gas, Direct Energy (North America). At Centrica, our purpose is to help people today and secure energy for tomorrow.
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE by hitting the 'Apply' button. Please upload your cover letter and CV as one document.
Applications will ONLY be accepted via the ‘Apply’ button.
To request an update on this role, or if you have any problems uploading your CV please email email@example.com typing ‘Update required: SAP Developer R9933628’ in the subject title.
Agencies: Centrica operate a preferred supplier arrangement, however if you wish to be considered at the next review session please submit a brief overview of your capability to PSL@centrica.com.
Role Closing date: 10th October 2017