As one of the best known names in the UK energy market, British Gas Business (BGB) supplies gas, electricity and a wide range of energy management services to over 500,000 business customers in the UK, in both the public and private sectors.
- Location: Could be based in Leicester (Spinneyside office) or Windsor
- Purpose: Support strategic recommendations through actionable insight on competitor activity, market trends, opportunities and threats
As a Competitor Analyst, you'll collate regular and accurate views of current levels of pricing competitiveness across product types, regions and meter types. You'll also collate views of current propositions in the market, details of terms of supply, competitor activity and routes to market etc.
Your day to day duties will include:
- Develop and maintain regular reporting on competitor and market activity
- Compile detailed competitor profiles (including small suppliers) on current market strategy, strengths and weaknesses, opportunities and threats
- Support conversations with third party providers of market intelligence, recommending ways to continuously improve our capability
- Review and analyse market data from a range of sources (including e.g. Ofgem Segmental Statements)
- Support recommendations based on competitor insight on how changes to strategy could create incremental commercial value
- Perform analysis and research on future and emerging trends in the B2B Energy market, including identifying potential new business models and technologies that could be future growth opportunities
To be great in this role you'll have an inquisitive mind and thirst for knowledge, always looking to understand our marketplace and the latest developments in our industry. Ideally you'll be educated to degree level in numerate or analytical subjects and have an understanding or experience of the energy industry.
In addition you'll need the following skills, competencies and experience:
- Ability to interpret data and create insight, highlighting key issues, trends or exceptions
- Numerate with good analytical skills
- Strong customer focus, understanding how customers perceive the competitive landscape
- Strong commercial awareness and ability to interpret financial statements
- Ability to prioritise work independently on behalf of the team
- Strong communication skills with an ability to deliver compelling messages verbally and in writing
- Experience of working in a customer facing business, ideally in insight-led or analytic roles with exposure to the external marketplace
- Experience in working with a wide group of stakeholders to influence hypotheses and deliver recommendations
- Experience in deriving key insights from complex data and presenting these findings to senior stakeholders
- Experience of working in a fast paced, multi-site environment
British Gas, part of the Centrica Group, supplies gas and electricity to UK residential and business customers, provides central heating and gas appliance installation and maintenance and low-carbon and energy efficient products and services.
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE by hitting the 'Apply' button. Please upload your cover letter and CV as one document.
Applications will ONLY be accepted via the ‘Apply’ button.
To request an update on this role, or if you have any problems uploading your CV please email firstname.lastname@example.org typing ‘Update required: Competitor Analyst R9935050’ in the subject title.
Agencies: Centrica operate a preferred supplier arrangement, however if you wish to be considered at the next review session please submit a brief overview of your capability to PSL@centrica.com.