Environmental Advisor - Maternity Cover
The Environmental Advisor will support the development, implementation and maintenance of management systems, reporting and assurance processes in support of Centrica's environmental policy, expectations and targets.
You will also provide advice and guidance to the business in achieving its legal, business and corporate objectives and goals.
- Support the development, deployment and maintenance of the environmental components of the HSE Management System
- Support the ISO 14001 programme including planning, organising and facilitating external assessments.
- Enable to enhancement of environmental performance (i.e. carbon, waste and water) through implementation of controls, objectives and targets and the establishment of monitoring and reporting processes.
- Support the HSES assurance plan to ensure compliance through provision of subject matter expertise in audit planning and execution.
- Work with internal stakeholders to define and manage delivery of environmental initiatives incorporating best practice.
- Enable timely and accurate data through working with myHSES admin
- Experience of developing/implementing ISO14001 Environmental Standard and integration with HSE Management Systems
- Strong sector knowledge of best practice approaches to environmental management, especially in greenhouse gas emissions reporting and waste minimisation and recycling.
- Experience with managing a contractor based workforce (ideal but not essential)
- Strong stakeholder engagement influencing and communication skills
- Auditing experience (ideal but not essential)
Please note this role will require national travel and will best suit someone who is based in the central region of the UK.
Centrica plc, a FTSE 100 company, has operations in UK, North America and Europe. With 30+ million customer-product relationships, Centrica's vision is to become the leading integrated supplier of energy and related services for its chosen markets and maximise value to shareholders. Centrica's brand names include British Gas, Direct Energy (North America). At Centrica, our purpose is to help people today and secure energy for tomorrow.
Applications will ONLY be accepted via the ‘Apply’ button.
To request an update on this role, or if you have any problems uploading your CV please email Becki.Brunetti@britishgas.co.uk typing ‘Update required: Environmental Advisor - Maternity Cover R9934462’ in the subject title.
Agencies: Centrica operate a preferred supplier arrangement, however if you wish to be considered at the next review session please submit a brief overview of your capability to PSL@centrica.com.