Finance Systems Business Partner - UK Home Services
- Lead governance and control of the finance systems landscape and ensure systems and financial integrity are maintained
- Own and manage all the finance systems and deliver change for UK Home Services in line with the business strategy
- Lead and support the defining of the strategic direction of effective and comprehensive finance systems and data along with governance, development and management of these systems for UK Home Services
- Provide assurance to ensure systems and data facilitate the delivery of effective financial processes and are developed to ERP and reporting best practice
- Build a culture of Big data and analytics for UK Home Services.
- Responsible for prioritisation and management of the teams and own workload;
- Portfolio management planning on investments for improvements or ongoing initiatives;
- Alignment to operational, transformational, and strategic systems plans.
- Ensure systems are fit for purpose from a financial risk and controls perspective;
- Enable automation of financial processes including integration with other systems e.g. MI applications;
- Support the budget and business case development process on required changes to either provide improvement to processes or to align with strategic roadmaps for finance systems.
- Provide forensic accounting specialism on systems to support BAU issues and help explain variance analysis from a systems perspective;
- Build a key user network to help monitor system improvements, training requirements and ensure the business are able have a self sufficient first line of support in their areas;
- Identify financial risk on change plans, either from operations or other parts of Centrica;
- Provide expert advice on financial solutions based on the capability being requested;
- Be a trusted advisor to IS, finance and other stakeholders;
- Support the identification of financial risks within systems and recommend path of automation to remove any discrepancies;
- Identify automation candidates through process analysis of the finance teams;
- Lead on the impact assess initiatives and changes (both from within Finance and other parts of UK Home Services) to ensure change is understood and controlled from a finance perspective;
- Lead central governance over financial systems for UK Home Services to ensure that systems meet the internal and external financial requirements.
- Manage complex set of stakeholders;
- Maintain needs of finance colleagues and leadership to ensure all activity delivers great value;
- Be a trusted advisor on finance systems, working closely with the different pillars of finance closely.
- Manage team of systems accountants, project managers and virtual team to deliver great value in an energised and inspiring manner;
- Coach and develop team on a regular basis to ensure their performance is of the highest standards;
- Manage resource profiles and demand.
- Good working knowledge of ERP systems (in particular SAP) and integration into reporting solutions;
- Experience of successfully leading system changes on behalf of finance;
- Track record of improving systems and processes;
- Experience of working with large complex datasets preferable using tools such as SQL, SAS, Hadoop, SAP BW, or others;
- Experience of project delivery across an entire lifecycle;
- Leader of self, direct reports and a variety of stakeholders;
- Inquisitive with a good attention to detail;
- Problem solving mind set, able to see the bigger picture and draw connections between different sets of information;
- Self motivated with a “can do” attitude;
- Excellent stakeholder management at different organisational levels;
- Ability to prioritise effectively whilst working under pressure to meet tight deadlines;
- Able to initiate and drive continuous process improvement.
Centrica plc, a FTSE 100 company, has operations in UK, North America and Europe. With 30+ million customer-product relationships, Centrica's vision is to become the leading integrated supplier of energy and related services for its chosen markets and maximise value to shareholders. Centrica's brand names include British Gas, Direct Energy (North America). At Centrica, our purpose is to help people today and secure energy for tomorrow.
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE by hitting the 'Apply' button. Please upload your cover letter and CV as one document.
Applications will ONLY be accepted via the ‘Apply’ button.
To request an update on this role, or if you have any problems uploading your CV please email Chris.Powell@britishgas.co.uk typing ‘Update required: Finance Systems Business Partner - UK Home Services R9932739’ in the subject title.
Agencies: Centrica operate a preferred supplier arrangement, however if you wish to be considered at the next review session please submit a brief overview of your capability to PSL@centrica.com.