Finance Systems – Project & Systems Manager
This is a highly visible and exciting role that will work with a variety of stakeholders across Finance, IS and the rest of the business.
The job holder will play a critical role in the Finance Systems team to ensure that projects on the change plan that have an impact on the financial reporting processes are successfully delivered for UK Home Energy. The role is responsible for co-ordinating the finance requirements, testing and transition into BAU for projects involving system changes. Many of the changes the team work on involve our revenue and debt reporting processes. The person will need to work closely with IS, the wider business community and the affected finance teams to ensure that the requirements are successfully delivered on time and without compromise on quality. This will require an exceptional performer with experience of successfully managing system changes for finance.
The role will report into the BGR Finance Systems Business Partner.
- Ensure that finance interests are represented on projects, and that the impacts of the project on finance processes are understood and translated, where appropriate, into requirements;
- Understand how current finance processes work should be obtained before embarking on the project and opportunities for process improvement should be identified and included, where relevant, within the Finance requirements;
- Work with IS, project owner and Finance through the different stages of the project lifecycle;
- User acceptance testing and business readiness will be the responsibility of the finance project manager who will own all of the activities needed to support it;
- Support the teams that are impacted by changes introduced by them post go-live;
- Analyse finance processes and identify opportunities for streamlining them and making the system processes more efficient
- Lead the development of a business case for change and manage the change through the project delivery lifecycle; The role will have an element of diagnostic / investigative work to help finance identify the issue and develop solutions to resolve the problems identified in their processes.
- Finance Background is essential with experience of working in a financial control environment within a fast paced, continually evolving business;
- Must be able to demonstrate significant experience of successfully managing and delivering change on behalf of a finance function;
- Good working knowledge of SAP, Other accounting packages such as Great Plains / SAGE / QuickBooks, Microsoft Office Products would be advantageous;
- Track record of delivering end to end process improvement is highly desirable;
- Hands on experience of working with Revenue and/or Debt Reporting processes;
- Problem Solving mind set who embraces detail and works in a logical / methodical way;
- Experience of working with complex processes;
- Embraces Big Data;
- Comfortable with working in a matrix management structure;
- Ability to manage a diverse portfolio of work;
- Excellent stakeholder management skills with good communication skills (oral and written);
- Self-motivated with a positive but realistic attitude.
Centrica plc, a FTSE 100 company, has operations in UK, North America and Europe. With 30+ million customer-product relationships, Centrica's vision is to become the leading integrated supplier of energy and related services for its chosen markets and maximise value to shareholders. Centrica's brand names include British Gas, Direct Energy (North America). At Centrica, our purpose is to help people today and secure energy for tomorrow.
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE by hitting the 'Apply' button. Please upload your cover letter and CV as one document.
Applications will ONLY be accepted via the ‘Apply’ button.
To request an update on this role, or if you have any problems uploading your CV please email Chris.Powell@britishgas.co.uk typing ‘Update required: Finance Systems – Project & Systems Manager R9933393’ in the subject title.
Agencies: Centrica operate a preferred supplier arrangement, however if you wish to be considered at the next review session please submit a brief overview of your capability to PSL@centrica.com.