Head of Strategy
Drive the Strategic agenda of the Global DE&P business. Gain consensus on optimal business models, technologies, markets and segments for DE&P. Communicate strategies with compelling papers and presentations.
- Develop and communicate deep understanding of DE&P markets : Competitors, Customers, technologies, markets etc
- Maintain a competitive intelligence function to capture and communicate insight on the markets across DE&P
- Identify key strategic issues facing the business and gain buy in to this assessment
- Plan and lead strategic resolution of the strategic issues, using a range of innovative strategy techniques
- Work with the finance team to convert the strategy into a robust bi- annual strategic financial plan, showing P&L, cashflows and balance sheet for the next 4 years
- Co-ordinate development and submission of overall DE&P stratplan
- Work with the regions to develop specific business unit strategies
- Ability to develop and drive a strategic agenda across a broad ranging business.
- Leading analysts delivering business analysis and associated problem solving skills. Ability to critique generally accepted and new concepts and deliver commercial solutions
- Deep experience analytical skills and the ability to deploy a range of analytical skills, e.g. statistical analysis, regression, data interrogation, model building
- Strong stakeholder management, both internal & external to develop positive working relationships
- Outstanding communication skills: able to communicate complex issues simply through a range of tools, documents, verbal communications and presentations
- Construction of complex strategic models to forecast likely performance of the business and project high-level financial metrics, with ability to generate high level P&L, cashflows and balance sheets
- At a minimum a high quality numerical bachelors degree
- Ideally further education in business, e.g. an MBA
- A track record of delivering strategic solutions to large scale corporations, either as part of a top tier management consultant or as part of corporate strategy team
- Ideally experience of power and energy markets, ideally coupled with experience of businesses related to I&C sales
Salary: Competitive plus benefits
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE by hitting the 'Apply' button. Please upload your cover letter and CV as one document.
Applications will ONLY be accepted via the ‘Apply’ button.
To request an update on this role, or if you have any problems uploading your CV please email email@example.com typing ‘Update required: Head of Strategy R9932598’ in the subject title.
Agencies: Centrica operate a preferred supplier arrangement, however if you wish to be considered at the next review session please submit a brief overview of your capability to PSL@centrica.com.