Direct Energy generates electricity and produces natural gas, as well as selling commodities and servicing the energy needs of homes and businesses in 46 U.S. states plus the District of Columbia and 10 Canadian provinces. We also help our customers save on their energy bills through energy efficiency. Located in over 50 locations, our team of 6,000+ employees serve over 6 million residential and commercial customer relationships.
Direct Energy is a subsidiary of Centrica plc (LSE:CNA), one of the world's leading integrated energy companies with over 20 million customers and 34,000 employees worldwide. We are committed to being the most recommended energy and services provider and leading the transition to a low carbon society.
- At least 3 years of Scheduling experience
- Strong analytical/detail oriented skills
- Strong communication and Team oriented skills
- Ability to work efficiently under pressure in a deadline oriented environment
- Willingness and endurance to work in a grinding 24/7 environment
- Arranges for delivery of natural gas to our customers on a daily basis.
- Nominates all contractual data on a timely basis to the applicable receipt and delivery pipelines.
- Communicates between our suppliers and customers to ensure that contractual nomination data is coordinated throughout the delivery chain.
- Ensures that all gas purchases have an applicable delivery point and that all gas sold has an applicable supply point.
- Works with gas marketing personnel to ensure that imbalances are minimized by communicating in a timely manner when problems arise.
- Enters all pertinent nomination data into the nomination systems maintained by the applicable pipeline and point operators.
- Tracks the movement of all physical gas sales and maintains spreadsheets showing the contractual movements of gas.
- Enters actual physical sales data into SJRG accounting records when initial sales require modification due to changes in delivery volumes.
- Works with suppliers, purchasers, pipelines and point operators to monitor and minimize imbalances. When imbalances occur, works within pipeline and LDC guidelines to reduce, eliminate, or trade those imbalances in the manor most advantageous to the company.
- Reviews the efficiency of the nomination and accounting activities to ensure that those functions are run in the optimal manner.
- Develops and cultivates favorable relationships with gas purchasers, producers and suppliers.
- Identifies incremental capacity and supply availability which may be acquired by the company in a cost effective and profitable manner to the company.
- Represents the company at various business meetings and functions conducted by marketers, gas suppliers and suppliers of pipeline services.
- Perform duties inherent in all supervisors, professional and administrative positions.
- Consistent with all positions in the classification, additional projects, tasks and/or duties beyond what is outlined here may be assigned as required.
The IndividualDirect Energy and its subsidiaries are an Equal Opportunity Employer - EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability