Direct Energy generates electricity and produces natural gas, as well as selling commodities and servicing the energy needs of homes and businesses in 46 U.S. states plus the District of Columbia and 10 Canadian provinces. We also help our customers save on their energy bills through energy efficiency. Located in over 50 locations, our team of 6,000+ employees serve over 6 million residential and commercial customer relationships.
Direct Energy is a subsidiary of Centrica plc (LSE:CNA), one of the world's leading integrated energy companies with over 20 million customers and 34,000 employees worldwide. We are committed to being the most recommended energy and services provider and leading the transition to a low carbon society.
- An undergraduate degree in a quantitative/analytical discipline: Economics, Finance or Mathematics.
- An MBA from a top-tier program and at least 2 years of post-MBA experience in one of the top-tier global management consulting firms
- Experience in the Energy industry, including strong understanding of the wholesale and retail energy industry
- Participation in consulting engagements for the Energy & Utilities industry with focus on corporate strategy, strategic planning and business development
- Prior marketing experience and exposure to mass markets consumer businesses (can be through management consulting projects)
- Willing to travel 10-20% of the time.
- Responsible for working across the sales organization, commercial organization and finance organization to drive the performance of the Direct Sales channel and related initiatives.
- Responsible for producing regularly recurring analytics related to components or initiatives with in the Direct Sales channel such as performance reporting, economic results and sales effectiveness.
- Responsible for coordinating with upper management the development of Direct Sales strategies for sensitive high profile issues and initiatives
- Develop high impact communication presentations to influence large groups of stakeholders across internal and external boundaries
- Develop transformative direct sales strategies to drive growth and innovate within products, markets or channels at high levels of productivity and efficiency.
- Design, develop and propose incentive frameworks for sales incentive programs to properly drive performance. Liaise with Sales, Human Resources, Finance, and MIS on implementing, updating and explaining sales incentive plans.
- Identifying ways to improve current sales incentive plans, bonus structures and reward programs to make them effective and efficient and drive economic and efficient performance of the Direct Sales channel
- Develop and maintain relationships with key stakeholders, external and internal customers. Build and maintain effective business partnerships and relationships across key functional areas
The IndividualDirect Energy and its subsidiaries are an Equal Opportunity Employer - EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability