Customer Retention Representative 11/6 Class
Position Location: Tempe, AZ
Start Date: November 6, 2017
Who We Are:
Direct Energy, the largest integrated energy company in North America, today, is now looking for top Sales talent to help introduce our new smart home technologies and services to our existing 6+ million customers (and growing!!).
Some Of What We Offer:
- $14.60/hr Weekly Base Rate of Pay + Generous Monthly Incentives
- COMPANY PAID BENEFIT OPTIONS
- 401K Match - Fully vested day one
- 26 PTO days
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Schedule: M-F - hourly shifts start from 5:00 A.M. - 8:30 A.M. (no weekend work)
- Training (4 weeks )
Our ideal candidate is an effective communicator; someone who is able to stimulate, motivate and engage our customers while being aware of and responsive to their needs and concerns. The ideal candidate would thrive in a high performance sales culture.
The Customer Retention Representative (CRR) is a sales & service position that is emphasized role with primary focus on persuading and/or convincing new and existing customers to contract with Direct Energy and upselling/cross-selling customers on value-add products. This person must be friendly, professional and genuinely interested in the needs of our customers while maintaining a positive and proactive approach to the position’s established guidelines and goals. A persuasive, teaching style of communication is required to communicate effectively with customers and peers. From time to time various non retention related customer service situations may also be handled and the CRR is expected to resolve these service related matters. Duties include: Receiving inbound and making outbound calls to existing and current customers in an effort proactively & re-actively address various customer related needs related to retaining them as a Direct Energy customer; Achieving specific daily, weekly, monthly sales targets established by the campaign manager; Actively following the RIGHT call flow model to ensure high customer satisfaction.
Bi-lingual (English/Spanish) preferred.
- High School Diploma or GED required; some college preferred.
- Preferred, 2-4 years of previous experience within a customer facing environment
- Must be sales oriented with a HIGH focus on customer service/experience
- Must be socially focused; “How can I help you?" attitude
- Prefers to work in a fast-paced environment
- Effectively translate complex information into common terms
- Persuasive, “selling" (rather than “telling") communication style
- Strong desire to work within a team oriented environment with high level of collaboration and teamwork.
- Type 30+ WPM, and ability to navigate through several internet based applications
- Proficient in Windows-based computer programs with excellent navigation skills
- Dependable and punctual in assigned work schedule
On a big picture level, in this role you will:
- Engage in an Inbound call environment from current internal and external customers nationwide (70% of the day)
- Take care of your own admin/clerical duties (10% of the day)
- Follow up with customers with outstanding questions/concerns (20% of the day)
On a day-to-day basis, you will:
- Become familiar with Direct Energy’s business and specifically understand the values proposition for each product offered.
- Build and maintain relationships with current and prospective customers
- Communicate with our customers addressing their needs and concerns to: Engage Interest, Motivate Change, and Stimulate Action.
- Maintain a proactive approach to your guidelines and goals.
- Respond to all customer inquiries in a timely manner, providing accurate information and creating a positive customer experience.
- Identify needs to sell, cross-sell, and renew Direct Energy products and services.
- Maintain an acceptable volume of sales per week and month; and a high percentage of good sales.
- Set up accounts/contracts with new customers
- Provide resolution to customer concerns
- Route customer calls accordingly based on customer needs
- Establish rapport with new and existing customers
The IndividualDirect Energy and its subsidiaries are an Equal Opportunity Employer - EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability