Senior Manager IT Sales Systems
Direct Energy is one of North America's largest energy and energy-related services providers with over 5 million residential and commercial relationships. Direct Energy provides customers with choice and support in managing their energy costs through a portfolio of innovative products and services. A subsidiary of Centrica plc, one of the world’s leading integrated energy companies, Direct Energy operates across North America.
We continually seek talented people dedicated to providing fresh thinking in an exciting, evolving industry that's never been more relevant than in today's global marketplace.
We are seeking a highly motivated individual with strong analytical skills to join a dynamic B2B Retail, Supply & Trading IS team. The role will serve as a senior manager responsible for retail sales systems including CRM/Salesforce.com, DEHQ Broker Portal and proposal management systems. The role will be managing local IT teams and several IT vendor partners. The role will be responsible for delivering projects and day-to-day systems operations.
- Bachelor degree in Business or Information Technology or equivalent experience required.
- Must have good knowledge and understanding of gas and power trading.
- Must have good understanding of risk, specifically, concepts of position management and PnL attribution.
- Must have a good understanding of ETRM systems.
- 10-15 years relevant job experience, Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (i.e. Word, Excel, Visio, PowerPoint, MS Project). SQL Query skills a plus.
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, and communication skills, including coaching, facilitation, and presentation skills.
- Strong analytical and basic project methodology skills required, including a thorough understanding of how to interpret customer business needs and translate them into application and operational requirements.
- Ability to translate technical issues in a non-technical manner with Business Stakeholders and Operations.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group, including executives, managers, and subject matter experts.
- Interaction with cross-functional groups including Front, Mid and Back Office and Regulatory, to ensure execution of business projects ability to prioritize competing requirements.
- Ability to successfully engage in multiple initiatives simultaneously.
- Ability to travel when required (10%-20%).
- Deliver projects for the retail business in the areas of retail sales systems including CRM/Salesforce.com, DEHQ Broker Portal and proposal management systems.
- Maintain smooth day-to-day operations of IT systems and applications in the area.
- Develop strong working relationships with business partners from sales, marketing, pricing, front, mid and back office, and IT.
- Communicate effectively with business partners to identify needs and evaluate alternative business solutions with project management and IS.
- Build relationships and strong stakeholder management to ensure alignment of business needs with IT priorities.
- Directly manage and lead teams while maintaining high engagement.
- Manage and collaborate with vendor partners in development and maintenance of applications.
- Improve vendor management competency for the IS team by adopting industry best practices.
- Facilitate cross-functional business requirements gathering sessions.
- Support business readiness in the definition of cost / benefits analysis and identification and documentation of operational impacts.
- Develop business solutions with technology teams and vendors. Review and signoff on solution design on behalf of the business.
Additional Website Text