Manager Power Pricing
Direct Energy generates electricity and produces natural gas, as well as selling commodities and servicing the energy needs of homes and businesses in 46 U.S. states plus the District of Columbia and 10 Canadian provinces. We also help our customers save on their energy bills through energy efficiency. Located in over 50 locations, our team of 6,000+ employees serve over 6 million residential and commercial customer relationships.
Direct Energy is a subsidiary of Centrica plc (LSE:CNA), one of the world's leading integrated energy companies with over 20 million customers and 34,000 employees worldwide. We are committed to being the most recommended energy and services provider and leading the transition to a low carbon society.
The Manager of Power Pricing will manage a team of Pricing Analysts responsible for delivering a high performing level of service to the Direct Energy Business Sales Organization in the ISO NE and NYISO power markets. The Pricing team is charged with delivering timely and accurate pricing and contracts along with commercial insight to support Sales efforts in select deregulated power markets. The Manager will lead a team with functional responsibilities spanning the full spectrum of pricing delivery: costing models and system pricing maintenance; data acquisition validation, and loading; complex structured pricing, contract generation and booking. The Manager will also liaise with Load Forecasting, Data Management, Product Control and Portfolio Management to ensure accurate representation of the Markets’ forward book is achieved. As part of the Power Pricing Management Team, the Manager will also be engaged on a variety of competitive, strategic, and operational issues related to pricing and contract delivery. The incumbent is tasked with driving each Pricing Analyst’s personal development, engagement and commercial acumen and the level of service provided to Sales and other Business Units across the organization.
- University degree required Business, Engineering, Economics, Mathematics or other Energy related field; Post-Secondary education a plus. .
- 5 – 7 years of Energy experience, with a minimum of 3 years’ experience in a leadership capacity
- •Experience in, and / or knowledge of, North American energy markets, energy market economics, the deregulated energy industry and its competitive landscape considered a plus
- Ability to manage deadlines while ensuring quality and completeness in deliverables.
- Proven track record of performance on the job
- Proven track record of people development
- Effective oral and written communication skills, including presentation skills
- Flexibility and ability to manage multiple tasks and deadlines
- Resourcefulness and ability to work with limited supervision
- Ability to effectively manage resources in a demanding work environment
- Ability to interact effectively with personnel at various levels throughout organization
- Strong Microsoft Office skills, with demonstrated modeling ability within Excel and ability to work with databases and modeling tools.
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Responsible for delivery of timely and accurate pricing and contracts to regional Sales team, with functional responsibility including data acquisition, validation, and loading; pricing (including complex structured pricing) & contract generation; and contract booking. Manager will work closely with Sales management to determine prioritization of pending pricing and booking requests, and to resolve issues in a timely manner.
- Responsible for costing and pricing strategy on a global as well as individual customer basis, including participation in contract negotiations for pricing and load-related issues; development of cost methodology; and collection and dissemination of competitive intelligence insights.
- Responsible for development and maintenance of pricing cost curves (Cost Goods Sold inputs) associated with all non-traded energy components including Ancillary Service Costs, load following premiums (hourly, daily and monthly shaping and swing risk) and recovery of demand based components such as transmission costs).
- Responsible to work closely with Portfolio Managers to ensure market prices for energy, capacity and RECs are current and competitive for large C&I opportunities and live pricing requests.
- Serve as primary interface between DEB Sales; and DEB Operations units including but not limited to Sales Support, Load Forecasting, Data Management, Product Control, Contract Admin/Booking and Billing), to ensure a best-in-class and highly functional, productive and value creating environment that other parts of the business strive to emulate.
- Responsible for professional development of reporting team members, including but not limited to training in industry concepts related to market dynamics and customer usage patterns and their impact on pricing as well as positive behaviors such as ownership, accountability and urgency
- Drive Centrica vision and values throughout the team.
The IndividualDirect Energy and its subsidiaries are an Equal Opportunity Employer - EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Additional Website Text