Direct Energy is a leading energy and energy-related services provider with nearly five million residential and commercial customers in North America. Direct Energy provides customers with choice and support in managing their energy costs through a portfolio of innovative products and services. A subsidiary of Centrica plc (LSE: CNA), one of the world’s leading integrated energy companies, Direct Energy operates in 50 U.S. states plus the District of Columbia and 10 provinces in Canada. To learn more about Direct Energy, please visit www.directenergy.com.
The Fleet Coordinator is a critical role for the success of the Fleet Management Team and HSES, ensuring that value is delivered to the Direct Energy Field Operations. The role works closely with the business, internal stakeholders and external third parties; continuously seeks to improve value delivery through a carefully documented framework of Fleet Management. This role is key to ensure Fleet Management is perceived as a positive, significant, value adding integral partner to the Direct Energy business.
- Stakeholder management skills a must
- Experience managing large vendors preferred
- Excellent skills in Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word). Proficiency in Outlook and Excel is required.
- Previous experience in working with web-based fleet management systems (preferred, but not required)
- Must be flexible to handle multiple tasks in a busy environment
- Highly detail oriented with demonstrated organizational skills
- Must possess excellent interpersonal and prior customer service experience
- Requires good decision and problem solving skills
- Exercises good judgment when dealing with challenging stakeholders
- Ability to influence stakeholders and manage conflicting views. Effective networking and business partnering skills
- Confidence and credibility with excellent communication and relationship management skills
- Ability to meet deadlines/deliver on promises
End-to-End Fleet Management Delivery
- The critical value of the role stems from its intimate participation with key stakeholders in almost every facet of the operations.
- Working with key internal stakeholders and manage fleet management activity across multiple operations.
Regularly Interact with Managers To
- Execute new vehicle order requirements
- Execute vehicle disposal requirements
- Create fleet documentation and provide support related to the evolving Fleet Management procedures
- Identify trends/issues - able to troubleshoot solutions and modify the framework to accommodate these solutions
- Manage national vendors, holding them accountable for performance
- Provide support to ensure vehicles are in compliance with various KPIs as well as any applicable vehicle recalls
Ongoing Improvement and Delivery
- Seek operational efficiency that achieves improvement to the bottom line
- Challenge new order submissions where alternate opportunities exist to deliver high value outcomes, ensuring all options have been evaluated
- Within the fleet management framework, support the Fleet Manager in the development, implementation and maintenance of key services, such as supplier delivery of fuel, maintenance, orders, branding, registrations, insurance, tolls, auctions, special projects, fleet performance monitoring, value analysis, continuous improvement, compliance and demand management
- Provide support with acquisitions and divestures as it relates the fleet
- Coordinate multiple stakeholder interfaces/touch points across the business to ensure a consistent approach
- Ensure compliance to the documented Fleet Management System
Team and Tools
- Be a constructive integral member of the wider HSES and Fleet Management team, supporting the development and delivery of plans and objectives
- Ensure Fleet Management is perceived as a positive, significant, value adding integral partner to the Direct Energy business
Safety and Compliance
- Identify any operational and regulatory risks, escalating as appropriate
- Operate information systems to the required standard to maintain accurate and secure records
- Understand and adhere to the Fleet Management System
- Develop and maintain strong positive working relationships with internal stakeholders, ensuring their requirements are understood and being addressed, and that communication channels with them are clear and effective
The IndividualDirect Energy and its subsidiaries are an Equal Opportunity Employer - EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability