Design Electrical Engineer - Combined Heat and Power
The Combined Heat and Power (CHP) group is seeking an experienced Design Electrical Engineer to join our team based in East Rutherford, NJ. As the Design Electrical Engineer, you would be:
- Leading Controls engineer for CHP projects, including design of controls for the balance of plant and PLC and HID programming.
- Ensuring controls designs conform with all utility intertie restrictions and other regulations .
- Reviewing reports on various sites for proper data and occasionally create a summary spread sheet for sending to reviewing agency.
- Providing support to sales team on application questions for potential new projects and also rental applications.
- Bill of material and submittal creation along with technical approval of sales department generated submittals.
- Providing technical approval for all sales department purchase orders.
- Reviewing and creating specification for compliance review.
- Creating control panel, annunciator panel, Etc.. bill of materials.
- Creating control panel, annunciator panel, Etc.. control schematics.
- Reviewing vendor electrical/mechanical drawings for approval.
- New component research and procurement.
- Generator set controller programming.
- Responsible for PLC programming.
- Monitoring system creation.
- Production support.
- In-House support for units that are being tested.
- Typically conduct factory customer witness tests.
- Create table of contents and operating procedures for the operation and maintenance manuals.
- Review of serviceman files.
- Assist in commissioning/Training of the more complex stand-by systems and CHP systems.
- Support of technicians in the field for start-up and troubleshooting.
- Support to customers and contractors in the field.
- Create contractor start-up checklists.
- Extensive knowledge of engineering principles and practices, specifically including CHPs, generator sets, and auxiliary equipment
- Strong work ethic and able to work in a team focused environment
- Strong controls programming experience
- Problem solving and supplier negotiating skills
- Ability to streamline product designs to reduce production time and expense
- Bachelor's degree engineering
- 5+ years’ industry experience, including programming work and familiarity with UL certification requirements and utility interconnect requirements
- AutoCAD expertise