Manager, Commercial Strategy & Performance Management
Direct Energy is a leading energy and energy-related services provider with nearly five million residential and commercial customers in North America. Direct Energy provides customers with choice and support in managing their energy costs through a portfolio of innovative products and services. A subsidiary of Centrica plc (LSE: CNA), one of the world’s leading integrated energy companies, Direct Energy operates in 50 U.S. states plus the District of Columbia and 10 provinces in Canada. To learn more about Direct Energy, please visit www.directenergy.com.
The Manager, Commercial Strategy and Performance Management will work with the US Energy Commercial Director and General Manager and his leadership team to develop and implement a culture of performance management. The successful candidate will help develop and execute strategic initiatives aimed at growing the company’s US energy P&L. Key responsibilities will include: developing performance metrics and dashboards, measuring performance of commercial activities, strategic planning, customer segmentation, economic assessment of key commercial, marketing and sales initiatives, and appraisal of the competitive landscape.
The successful candidate will be a strategic thinker and have performance management and TX electricity market experience. In addition, this person will have strong cross-functional team leadership experience, be comfortable in working in ambiguous conditions and a self-starter, and possess relentless external customer focus. Strong financial and business acumen is a must, as is the ability to communicate effectively with senior leaders within the Direct Energy organization.
- Strong business acumen and commercial thinking.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Strong people leadership skills
- Able to build relationships and influence peers in various retail and wholesale groups to deliver results.
- Experience with retail markets.
- MBA and Bachelor’s degree in mathematics, business, accounting, engineering, economics, computer science, statistics.
- Expert MS Excel, financial modelling skills.
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills.
- Energetic, results-oriented individual who enjoys working in a fast-paced, collaborative team environment.
- Effectively manage change.
The IndividualDirect Energy and its subsidiaries are an Equal Opportunity Employer - EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability