Consumer Public Relations Lead
We want to help you make time for the best moments in life. The moments that put a smile on your face. The stuff that brings you joy. We think we all spend too much time doing things we don’t want to do, and not enough doing the things we love; and it’s about time that changed. We’ve created a family of smart products and services that connect your home and make daily living easier. It means more time enjoying, and less time planning. More time doing, and less time organizing. We think that’s what life’s all about. Let’s get living.
- Significant first-hand experience leading consumer public relations efforts for a consumer technology brand.
- Outstanding communications professional with the experience, media and influencer relationships and insight to showcase the leadership of our brand,
- Demonstrated ability to hold your own with senior business leaders as a strategic advisor, with the skills to develop strategy and lead major initiatives.
- Adept at manage a 3rd party public relations agency partner, including managing workflow, evaluation of work product, maintaining effective working relationships with senior agency talent, and gracefully course-correcting when needed.
- Understanding of technology and start-up cultures with a significant experience in launching new products to market (preferably in new product categories) to generate interest and craft the public dialog.
- Digitally-minded with a contemporary approach to press relations that considers influencers, reviewers, and bloggers as well as traditional journalists and broadcasters.
- Creative storyteller that can craft multiple story angles to generate interest in a consumer technology brand from lifestyle journalists beyond traditional technology press.
- Self-starter who thrives in a highly matrixed environment, working in close collaboration with business teams as well as cross-company communications colleagues.
- Experience contributing to the broader marketing team’s efforts (advertising, product marketing, digital, social, customer development, customer service), while maintaining focus and forward momentum on their specific public relations tasks.
- Poised, professional, confident demeanour.
- Someone who thrives working in a high-pressure environment with significant attention from senior management. Ability to manage to tight deadlines is a must.
- Able to coordinate multiple senior stakeholders to take projects through to completion.
- Ability to create a flexible, structured processes within a highly dynamic environment.
- Personal and professional integrity.
- Travel 20%
- Ownership of the consumer public relations plan for the United States and Canada.
- Lead the planning and execution of press relations for support of new product / new functionality, and events.
- Direct our public relations agency to execute plans and ensure maximum return on investment for opportunities pursued.
- Proactively seek out-of-the-box ways to demonstrate the benefits of Hive services and gain exposure for the Hive brand throughout the US and Canada.
- Liaise with the marcom, digital marketing, consumer development and propositions marketing teams to ensure marketing campaigns are completely integrated into the public relations roadmap.
- Understand the nuances between US and Canadian media, as well as regional media across the US. Leverage those nuances for deeper exposure for the brand.
- Ensure consistency and alignment of all messages with global brand standards for both Centrica Connected Home, as well as Centrica corporate.
- Deeply understand the competitive landscape and develop pro-active responses.
- Collaborate with CCH Corporate PR to provide on-the-ground support for company participation in events across North America, including industry events and CES.
- Write press releases & edit press releases prepared by our 3rd party public relations firm.
- Provide effective council to senior executives across the corporation.
- Maintain a library of press assets, including corporate story, proposition and product positionings, spokesperson backgrounds, FAQs, and other messaging resources.
- Take all necessary steps to ensure there are no reputational risk implications to Centrica as a result of activity within this role.
Additional Website Text
<div style="color: #ffffff">#LI-POST</div>