Direct Energy is a leading energy and energy-related services provider with nearly five million residential and commercial customers in North America. Direct Energy provides customers with choice and support in managing their energy costs through a portfolio of innovative products and services. A subsidiary of Centrica plc (LSE: CNA), one of the world’s leading integrated energy companies, Direct Energy operates in 50 U.S. states plus the District of Columbia and 10 provinces in Canada. To learn more about Direct Energy, please visit www.directenergy.com.
MUST HAVE HVAC EXPERIENCE IN A CAT SPECIALIST ENVIRONMENT
The Category Specialist is an important role within the Procurement team in ensuring that value is delivered to the Centrica business. The role works closely with in the Procurement team, internal stakeholders and external third parties and continuously seeks to improve value delivery through a framework of Category Management. The role ensures Procurement is perceived as a positive, significant, value adding integral partner to the Centrica business
- Ability to influence stakeholders and manage conflicting views. Effective networking and business partnering skills.
- Experience of working in a global matrix organisation.
- Evidence of managing a category through the whole life cycle, ensuring the value created in the negotiation stage hits the bottom line.
- Confidence and credibility with excellent communication and relationship management skills.
- Advanced influencing, persuading and negotiating skills. Ability to present complex ideas/concepts and take a consultative approach with stakeholders and peers.
- Team player with an ability to manage complex relationships and matrix teams.
- Excellent analytical skills with the ability to identify and expeditiously exploit commercial opportunities.
- Advanced skill using MS Office including Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Ability to meet deadlines/deliver on promises.
- End-to-end Category Management · Undertake (in conjunction with and or with the agreement of the appropriate Category Manager) category assessments to generate innovative opportunities and robust strategic sourcing plans. Ensures value is maximised from the contract negotiation through the whole life cycle of the category. · Working with key internal stakeholders, manage all procurement activity across expenditure categories. This includes the creation and implementation of category plans that will ensure delivery in line with business objectives, regulatory requirements and the landing of all value negotiated.
- External Market Expertise: Understand the category and provide leadership and insight for the business on all aspects of market dynamics, regulatory framework, suppliers and technical innovations. Report changes and updates through proactive governance.
- Procurement: Source and procure a range of goods and services across one or more expenditure categories ensuring optimum value for money within defined service and quality criteria. Identify opportunities for, lead and evaluate competitive tenders and proposals for the supply of goods and services negotiating with suppliers on all commercial and contractual matters and applying judgement as to what constitutes an acceptable level of contractual risk and supply resilience. Provide support to the Category Manager in complex negotiations through data, market or other analysis.
- Contracts: Draft, negotiate and obtain agreement to commercial contracts ensuring that operational and commercial risks to business are fully understood and minimised.
The IndividualDirect Energy and its subsidiaries are an Equal Opportunity Employer - EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability