Plumber - *OFFERING UP TO $5000 SIGN ON BONUS!
Benjamin Franklin Plumbing, a Direct Energy company, is looking for Plumbers throughout the Greater Cincinnati/Northern Kentucky area.
We offer GREAT benefits including a 401K with company match, company vehicle, training, room for advancement, and great earning potential! #BenjaminFranklin
Direct Energy generates electricity and produces natural gas, as well as selling commodities and servicing the energy needs of homes and businesses in 46 U.S. states plus the District of Columbia and 10 Canadian provinces. We also help our customers save on their energy bills through energy efficiency. Located in over 50 locations, our team of 6,000+ employees serve over 6 million residential and commercial customer relationships.
Direct Energy is a subsidiary of Centrica plc (LSE:CNA), one of the world's leading integrated energy companies with over 20 million customers and 34,000 employees worldwide. We are committed to being the most recommended energy and services provider and leading the transition to a low carbon society.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, and ABILITIES:
- Must have previous, verifiable plumbing experience in a residential service and maintenance operation.
- Knowledge of local and national plumbing codes.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints and drawings.
- Basic change order cost estimating experience.
- Computer proficiency to include Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Valid driver’s license and a clean driving record.
- Ability to pass a background check and drug screen
- GED or High School Diploma.
- State Journeyman License
The Licensed Plumber will apply their technical skills and knowledge in performing diagnostic, service, and installation of plumbing in residential and light commercial environments and ensures that work is performed in accordance with relevant codes. Responsibilities include assemble, install, or repair pipes, fittings, or fixtures of heating, water, or drainage systems in accordance with plumbing code specifications.
- Perform residential and light commercial service calls to diagnose and resolve plumbing issues.
- Identifies potential problems to prevent premature and/or unexpected breakdowns/callbacks.
- Maintains and repairs plumbing systems carrying water, waste, and fuel in heating.
- Inspects water, and gas systems to ascertain malfunctions.
- Repairs or replaces plumbing fixtures, test joints, and pipe systems.
- Interprets drawings and specifications to determine layout requirements.
- Reviews blueprints, building codes or specifications to determine work details and procedure.
- Studies building plans and inspects structures to assess material and equipment needs, establish sequence of pipe installations, and plan installation around obstructions.
- Measure, cut, thread, bend, ream, and install pipe and pipe fittings.
- Assemble pipe sections, tubing, or fittings.
- Locates and marks position of pipe installations, connections, passage holes, or fixtures in structures.
- Installs pipe assemblies, fittings, valves, appliances or fixtures using hand or power tools.
- Maintain accurate documentation of service calls and time management.
- Submit all complete paperwork in an accurate and timely manner.
- Maintain properly clean and stocked service vehicle.
- Participate in periodic inventory and truck inspections.
- Maintain tools and machinery in good condition and use all tools in a safety conscious manner.
- Explains each service performed to the client each time a maintenance or repair is completed and ensures complete customer satisfaction.
- Explains Club Membership Agreements to every client, maintains a 25% Club Membership conversion rate on repair clients.
- Documents Price Book task codes on all invoices for each diagnostic, repair, and installation performed.
- Documents Part Sheets listing, corresponding job numbers and parts used on each job and turns in to the office DAILY.
- Debriefs with dispatch after completion of every job.
- Calls in for PO numbers for any materials picked up at suppliers and provides cost before and after taxes to ensure accuracy.
- Turns in all parts receipts/packing slips daily and has corresponding job numbers written on them.
- Provide pricing to the customer for approval prior to performing any work.
- Retains 90% of Membership Clients and maintains an 85% appointment conversion ratio in the home.
- Maximizes lead opportunities based on company’s business plan.
- Participate in all company sponsored training classes.
- Maintain a professional image at all times by:
- Wearing only company approved and provided BFP apparel.
- Following safety policies and procedures.
- Abiding by ALL BFP standards of performance and code of ethics.
- Maintaining a courteous demeanor with all customers and associates.
- Maintains company vehicle, ensuring cleanliness and organization, both inside and out.
- Respecting the customer’s property.
Direct Energy and its subsidiaries are an Equal Opportunity Employer - EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
*Sign on Bonus based on Eligibility