Demand Response Analyst
Distributed Energy is a global business unit within Centrica, set with the mission to help customers discover and unlock value via the energy-consuming and energy-producing assets they have on their own sites. In North America, we have existing and forthcoming solutions that we want to offer to customers within the commercial, industrial, and institutional sectors.
The Customer Success organization in which this role resides is responsible for ensuring that customers achieve their goals through our ongoing products like Panoramic Power and Demand Response, and that we deliver an exceptional customer experience.
Demand Response (Electric Curtailment) Programs are designed to enable customers to receive payments for their capability to reduce their electricity demand from the gird during peak demand periods.
This role can be based in our Iselin or Pittsburgh office.
- Bachelor’s degree required – finance, STEM or energy related fields preferred
- Master’s Degree in Management or Business is a strong plus
- 1-5 years of work experience
- 2 years of hands-on experience running demand response programs
- 2 years of customer facing experience
- 2 years of energy industry experience
- A technical or service-oriented background in facilities management, energy management systems, energy consulting, mechanical or electrical contract management, or utility services preferred
- Demand Response knowledge: Well-versed in demand response programs, rules, operations and procedures as well as power systems and energy markets.
- Customer-centric: a passion for delivering value for customers and an ability to navigate complex or difficult issues on occasion
- Detail-oriented: ability to understand multiple programs and rules
- Organized: ability to meet strict deadlines, manage multiple projects simultaneously and succeed in a high volume work environment
- Analytical: capable of performing or understanding complex calculations for enrollment, settlement, etc.
- Strong interpersonal, communications, writing and presentation skills
- Proficiency with Excel, Access and PowerPoint
- The Demand Response Analyst is responsible for customer experience, program administration, operational requirements, and ensuring that customers are in compliance with wholesale system operator (ISO) or utility program rules.
- The Demand Response Analyst is responsible for delivering excellent customer service for customers in demand response programs and for delivering bottom line results for the Demand Response operations team. Demand Response Analysts typically will have a focus on an individual ISO to develop deeper expertise or perhaps have responsibility for more than 1 ISO depending on the number of customers involved.
- Core responsibilities include support of customer proposals, program enrolment, coordinating customer enablement including metering requirements, ensuring participation, customer notifications and dispatch, audit scheduling, data processing and settlement. The successful candidate will perform the tasks for the daily operational requirements in support of the above, which may include energy engineering evaluations, data analysis, understanding of wholesale capacity positions/valuations, and customer consultations and interaction to explain program rules, payments, and any unique circumstances that arise.
- The position will involve interaction with internal departments (C&I Sales, Accounting, Compliance, Electric Trading and Operations), C&I customers, third party vendors, and demand response program sponsors (e.g. utilities and ISOs). The DR Analyst should also be prepared to support internal stakeholders as a Subject Matter Expert.
Direct Energy and its subsidiaries are an Equal Opportunity Employer - EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Additional Website Text