Senior Applications Engineer
Distributed Energy is a global business unit within Centrica, set with the mission to help customers discover and unlock value via the energy-consuming and energy-producing assets they have on their own sites. In North America, we have existing and forthcoming solutions that we want to offer to customers within the commercial, industrial, and institutional sectors.
Direct Energy is a subsidiary of Centrica plc (LSE:CNA), one of the world's leading integrated energy companies with over 20 million customers and 34,000 employees worldwide. We are committed to being the most recommended energy and services provider and leading the transition to a low carbon society.
- 10+ years of work experience with a demonstrated history in power generation or building systems design
- Construction and/or business development experience a plus
- Experience using AutoCad and Fathom modelling software a plus
- Experience in the energy industry a plus
- Bachelor’s degree required – Engineering; Master’s degree preferred
- Engaging with the sales and development teams during the initial stages of project development to assess the viability of potential projects
- Conduct or coordinate facility site visits, ASHRAE audits (Level I, II and III), feasibility studies, and demand response audits to identify energy savings opportunities
- Use tools and technology to compare cost effective options and make recommendations to achieve a more efficient operation
- Evaluation of customers current site conditions/equipment to determine location and mechanical operation for CHP or other NADE solution.
- Assist in the development of 30% engineering designs for use in cost estimating.
- Develop and maintain a network of engineering firms and contractors throughout the NADE footprint for project evaluation, development, and execution
- Seek, communicate and develop new opportunities to grow the NADE business
- Review and approval of RFI’s and technical submittals
- Will take the lead role in project commissioning.
- Work closely and support other teams in ENER-G Rudox and NADE
- Provide on-going customer support as needed
The IndividualDirect Energy and its subsidiaries are an Equal Opportunity Employer - EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Additional Website Text
<div style="color: #ffffff">#LI-POST</div>