Market Researcher (UK & RoW)
Location; Rathbone Place, London
Salary; Competitive + bonus and excellent benefits
We have an exciting opportunity available for a Market Researcher to join our expanding team here at Hive, based in Central London.
We are the UK's leading smart home provider, and through our family of smart home products and services we believe we can make daily living easier. As we continue to grow both here in the UK and across the Rest of World, bringing the voice of the customer/ consumer into the heart of the business has never been more important. You’ll be reporting into the Senior Market Research Manager to help deliver market research insights across the business, and will be working with a diverse set of stakeholders including Marketing, Commercial Product and Propositions teams and the Senior Leadership Team. So, if you are a talented market researcher who wants to help be the voice of the consumer in this rapidly growing and fast paced business then we would love to hear from you!
What will you be up to in the role
Unlocking consumer and customer insights that inspire effective marketing, product innovation and propositions as well as championing the Insights agenda via:
- Management of ongoing market research tracking projects (CSAT and Brand) including questionnaire design, management through to communication of results and follow up.
- Supporting the Senior Market Research Manager with ad hoc qual and quant insight projects, starting with problem definition, developing insight approach, agency briefing (if required), fieldwork management, presentation of results and follow-up
- Manage the customer labs recruitment process primarily in the UK, working with the Product, UX, Commercial or Marketing teams, to define requirements and brief agency
- Work with Connected Home colleagues in North America and colleagues in Centrica to ensure we have a consistent approach for brand and customer satisfaction tracking research as well share best practice insights.
To be brilliant in this role you will have/be
- A background in market research (experience either gained from a market research agency or in a client-side market research role)
- Experience of a range of techniques and methodologies (including qual and quant)
- A genuine interest in understanding what makes customers/ consumers tick
- Ability to go beyond the data, bringing insights to life in an impactful way and go the extra mile by recommending clear actions
- You’re curious, positive and enthusiastic with a desire to learn and grow in your career.
- Excellent communication skills, to deal with all kinds of different stakeholders inside Connected Home, Centrica and research agencies.
- Highly organised with great attention to detail. You can manage multiple projects at a time and balance priorities when necessary.
- A good understanding of the technology sector would be an advantage
We’re the team behind Hive Active Heating. Set up by British Gas in 2012, we were given a simple mission: to make the connected home a reality for everyone. We’re here to give you more control over their lives and homes and we’re passionate about providing technology products and services that let our customers control and connect with their homes wherever they are.
We launched our brand Hive, by British Gas in September 2013 along with our first product Hive Active Heating which lets you control your heating and hot water from your mobile, tablet or laptop. We’ve also launched MyEnergy, a product that provides customers with helpful insight into their energy consumption.
Now, less than 4 years later, we’re really proud of how far we’ve come. With over 500,000 customers Hive is UK’s No.1 connected thermostat, and with our range of products and innovations we continue to go from strength to strength.
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE by hitting the 'Apply' button. Please upload your cover letter and CV as one document.
Applications will ONLY be accepted via the ‘Apply’ button.
To request an update on this role, or if you have any problems uploading your CV please email email@example.com typing Market Researcher R9931966 in the subject title.
Agencies: Centrica operate a preferred supplier arrangement, however if you wish to be considered at the next review session please submit a brief overview of your capability to PSL@centrica.com.