IT Category Specialist
We have an exciting opportunity for a talented Category Specialist to join our Centrica Procurement IT Services team.
The IT Services team is responsible for procuring and managing circa £120m spend globally with 60+ strategic partners. In this role you will support the Category Manager ensuring that value is delivered across all group business.
If you have some experience in end to end IT category management and are looking to build a career in a fast paced environment with a company who are focused on developing talent then we would love to hear from you.
- Location: Staines
- Salary: Competitive
- You will be responsible for the full end to end category management process within the IT Services environment
- Be responsible for negotiation of multi- million pound IT contracts with large international third party suppliers.
- Be seen as the in-house supplier expert with up-to-date external market knowledge in regards to not just suppliers but the latest technology trends
- Achieve defined improvement to the bottom line and cost saving targets by examining total acquisition costs and working closely with internal stakeholders and suppliers.
- Challenge business plans where alternate opportunities exist to deliver higher value outcomes, ensuring all options have been duly evaluated.
- Ensure compliance to contract terms, both legal and commercial (including value delivery) and management of contractual risk. Agree with the Category Manager, and/or stakeholders steps to ensure remediation or reduction.
- Support the Category Manager in resolving contractual and supplier disputes where they occur, protecting the interests of the business at all times. Engage legal team if required and gain remedial/recompense for the business if appropriate.
- Challenge requirements and re-negotiate contracts in life and at renewal to optimise value and drive cost savings.
- Proven analytical skills including ability to gather, interpret complex data, summarise and communicate simply and effectively.
- Clear understanding of Category Management principles.
- Knowledge of end to end Category Management including market insight, business partnering, negotiation, on-going supplier management and governance.
- Understanding of general and contract law.
- Evidence of managing a category through the whole life cycle, ensuring the value created in the negotiation stage hits the bottom line.
- Confidence and credibility with excellent communication and relationship management skills.
- Excellent analytical skills with the ability to identify and expeditiously exploit commercial opportunities.
Centrica plc, a FTSE 100 company, has operations in UK, North America and Europe. With 30+ million customer-product relationships, Centrica's vision is to become the leading integrated supplier of energy and related services for its chosen markets and maximise value to shareholders. Centrica's brand names include British Gas, Direct Energy (North America). At Centrica, our purpose is to help people today and secure energy for tomorrow.
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE by hitting the 'Apply' button. Please upload your cover letter and CV as one document.
Applications will ONLY be accepted via the ‘Apply’ button.
To request an update on this role, or if you have any problems uploading your CV please email firstname.lastname@example.org typing ‘Update required: IT Category Specialist R9930903’ in the subject title.
Agencies: Centrica operate a preferred supplier arrangement, however if you wish to be considered at the next review session please submit a brief overview of your capability to PSL@centrica.com.