Category Manager Marketing
Centrica is changing. To combat market forces we are embarking on a large-scale transformation across our entire organisation to enable us to leverage our existing capabilities, modernise our business through digitalisation and grow internationally. Procurement is at the very heart of this and we are looking for creative, curious and ambitious individuals to become part of our team in order to propel us into the future
We are looking for a Marketing Category Manager to join our Global Indirects team. This is a fantastic opportunity to lead the development and implementation of end-to-end category strategies across a range of Marketing spend areas. You would be working across Centrica’s household name brands including British Gas, Bord Gáis Energy, Direct Energy and Connected Home (Hive).
If you are passionate about Marketing Procurement and have marketing procurement category experience (particularly across digital and creative spend areas), we would love to hear from you.
- Provide a deep knowledge and understanding of end to end Category Management within relevant categories. Ensures value is maximised from the contract negotiation through the whole life cycle of the category
- Proactively develops a robust strategic sourcing strategy for use within specific categories which delivers breakthrough results and year on year continuous improvement
- Understand the category and provide leadership and insight for the business on all aspects of market dynamics, regulatory framework, suppliers and technical innovations
- Source and procure a range of goods and services across one or more expenditure categories, ensuring optimum value for money within defined service and quality criteria
- Draft, negotiate and obtain agreement to commercial contracts ensuring that operational and commercial risks to business are fully understood and minimised
- Challenge business plans where alternate opportunities exist to deliver higher value outcomes, ensuring all options have been duly evaluated
- Within the Category Management framework, develop, build and maintain supplier engagement through appraisal and performance monitoring, value analysis, continuous improvement, supplier / supply base development, compliance and demand management
- Develop close working relationships with Procurement teams, senior stakeholders and third party Centrica suppliers
- Degree educated or equivalent and/or appropriate experience in work experience
- Membership of CIPS (or equivalent)
- Evidence of managing a category through the whole life cycle, ensuring the value created in the negotiation stage hits the bottom line
- Experience of working in a global matrix organisation
- Confidence and credibility with excellent communication and relationship management skills with the ability to engage and influence senior level stakeholders
- Sustains personal energy, self-motivation and productivity and encourages good resilience in others
- Identifies and raises opportunities and/or challenges
- Actively removes complexity
- Self aware, knows own strengths and limitations
Additional Website Text
Centrica plc, a FTSE 100 company, has operations in UK, North America and Europe. With 30+ million customer-product relationships, Centrica's vision is to become the leading integrated supplier of energy and related services for its chosen markets and maximise value to shareholders. Centrica's brand names include British Gas, Direct Energy (North America). At Centrica, our purpose is to help people today and secure energy for tomorrow.
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE by hitting the 'Apply' button. Please upload your cover letter and CV as one document.
Applications will ONLY be accepted via the ‘Apply’ button.
To request an update on this role, or if you have any problems uploading your CV please email email@example.com typing ‘Update required: Category Manager Marketing R9929637’ in the subject title.
Agencies: Centrica operate a preferred supplier arrangement, however if you wish to be considered at the next review session please submit a brief overview of your capability to PSL@centrica.com.