Senior SAP Developer
Centrica has an exciting opportunity for a number of Senior SAP Developers to join us to work on cutting edge projects.
The Senior SAP Developer is responsible for all development activities required to deliver IS solutions that meet the Business needs:
The role is a key part of the Digital Enterprise Systems SAP application development and support working predominantly in the SAP technical area and will be responsible for the end to end delivery of projects into production and supporting it once live.
Working within a delivery focused environment is responsible for designing, developing and supporting innovative solutions across the extensive SAP landscape , some of the responsibilities are:
- Develops quality and performing software that works
- Development work is completed within time, budget and standards
- Delivery of on-going efficiencies and improvements across the development function
- Manage internal and external development resources to plan
- Provide knowledge leadership and grow internal expertise in newer SAP core and cloud capabilities including S/4 HANA Enterprise, S/4 HANA Finance, Ariba, SAP Cloud Platform, Hybris, Hybris billing, Hybris as a Service (YaaS), C4C
- Supports the setting of standards for programming tools and techniques
- Takes technical responsibility for their area of the software development process
- Supports the assessment of system requirements, identifying and addressing any potential issues prior to implementation
- Ensures component design meets the requirements
- Undertakes development work ensuring design principles are adhered to and components are refactored wherever possible
- Oversees the integrity of development work
- Completes development deliverables in a timely manner and to the appropriate level of quality so that the delivered solutions are fit-for purpose, can be efficiently supported and the impact of future change requests can be assessed
- Advises on the creation and execution of test scripts in other testing phases, as required
- Ensures peer reviews and unit tests are prepared and executed across the entire team
- Uses understanding and knowledge of budgetary and estimation process to provide effort estimates required to develop software
- Creates and updates application documentation
- Follows all change control procedures and puts in place full version control and configuration management to ensure that the production service is not compromised
- Follows the procedures for reporting on the progress of systems development projects, taking action to deal with exceptions, problems and unforeseen events in a timely manner, escalating as appropriate
- Ensures compliance with statutory and company procedures, including security policies
- Contributes to retrospectives to incorporate learning’s into future work
- Works to identify opportunities to improve development standards, processes and tools
- Maintains an understanding of relevant industry trends and current knowledge of the technology deployed in the business area
- Must have experience working in one or more of the latest SAP core and cloud capabilities including: S/4 HANA Enterprise, S/4 HANA Finance, Ariba, SAP Cloud Platform, Hybris, Hybris billing, Hybris as a Service (YaaS), C4C
- Senior SAP Developer with good technical and functional experience in SAP with significant hand on experience
- Understand the complex and critical master data and replication between SAP systems
- Experience working with client business processes
- Experience working with company products and/or client or vendor related technology
- Experience working with operating systems and programming languages
- Experience in working on multiple full cycle SAP Implementations
- Experience in working in a high performing team
- Knowledge of IS-U/IS-Oil/CRM/ERP Technical and Business Master Data
- Demonstrable experience in analysis & design with the ability to recommend design alternatives, create application design documentation, resolve highly complex problems and tasks and creating unit test scripts.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, results oriented and have the ability to integrate into cross functional development teams
- Proven experience in working in a team environment with fixed delivery dates and strict scope control
- Strong awareness of various SAP core modules (IS-U, CRM, FI, HR, PM/CS, MM, SD, EWM, MAU etc).
- Working with offshore delivery teams. Delivering quality code, utilising standard SAP.
- Understanding and delivering innovate solutions will be vital to success of the organisation.
- Prioritising and managing workload of multiple project requirements.
- Identifying standard SAP solutions and influencing business stakeholders to adopt.
- Working with offshore delivery teams. Delivering quality code , utilising standard SAP
- Strong technical skills to enable writing an application design from solution design
- Can work under minimal guidance and has a can-do attitude to deliver within tight timelines without compromising quality, performance or documentation
- Ability to challenge and explore design and delivery plans and apply different approaches to arrive at the most favourable options
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate with different people at all levels in a business or technical language depending on the target audience
- A positive and delivery focused attitude delivering a great customer experience
- Good analytical skills and a aptitude and attitude to make a difference
- Graduate/Post Graduate or equivalent experience
Centrica plc, a FTSE 100 company, has operations in UK, North America and Europe. With 30+ million customer-product relationships, Centrica's vision is to become the leading integrated supplier of energy and related services for its chosen markets and maximise value to shareholders. Centrica's brand names include British Gas, Direct Energy (North America). At Centrica, our purpose is to help people today and secure energy for tomorrow.
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE by hitting the 'Apply' button. Please upload your cover letter and CV as one document.
Applications will ONLY be accepted via the ‘Apply’ button.
To request an update on this role, or if you have any problems uploading your CV please email firstname.lastname@example.org typing ‘Update required: Senior SAP Developer R9928122’ in the subject title.
Agencies: Centrica operate a preferred supplier arrangement, however if you wish to be considered at the next review session please submit a brief overview of your capability to PSL@centrica.com.